The Student Room Group

Can I still get offers from Universities for medicine if I got AABB at AS?

I know the standard entry requirement is AAAb, I got As in chemistry and biology and Bs in maths and history. I'm not too fussed about history because i've dropped it but I was 3 UMS away from an A in maths! Does this affect my chances of getting offers? I'm resitting one module in maths to get maths up to an A but that will be at the end of A2 with the rest of my A2 exams. What does medicine base their offers and invites for interviews on? AS grades or predicted grades for A2 or...?
(I want to apply to Kings College London, Barts and the London, Newcastle and Sheffield!)
Original post by AsianGal
I know the standard entry requirement is AAAb, I got As in chemistry and biology and Bs in maths and history. I'm not too fussed about history because i've dropped it but I was 3 UMS away from an A in maths! Does this affect my chances of getting offers? I'm resitting one module in maths to get maths up to an A but that will be at the end of A2 with the rest of my A2 exams. What does medicine base their offers and invites for interviews on? AS grades or predicted grades for A2 or...?
(I want to apply to Kings College London, Barts and the London, Newcastle and Sheffield!)

Being predicted AAA and achieving AAA (minimum) next year are top priority.

Even with AABB you should be fine as a lot of places don't really look at AS results. Apply tactically.

Barts have a UCAS tariff so it would be advantageous to have extra a levels/high music grade/etc.

Kings are known for having high UKCAT cut offs but their website does explicitly say high academics can negate a lower UKCAT and vice versa.

Research each uni individually. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone in my school got into medicine at Kings with AABB at AS level and had the exact same subjects as you. I think is overall grade at the end was A*A*A
Original post by AsianGal

Yep, retake the maths module and make sure you get predicted AAA (and achieve this next August!). Should be fine after that as far as grades are concerned.
Reply 4
Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending