The Student Room Group

Student loan payment?

Hi everyone!

I need a bit of help. I'm starting my college course on 31st August and on my loan payment schedule it says that the first double payment should be in my account by the 28th August, I enrolled on to my course last Tuesday (18th August) and I am wondering if I will get the first payment on the date that's on the payment schedule?

Reply 1
It's usually released after you have physically enrolled on campus. If that's what you did on the 18th and the college inform SF promptly, then there's a chance you might get your money just after the 28th.

The 28th is the earliest date that SF will release your money. However, the college have to confirm your attendance to them first, and then the money has to pass through the banking system. 28th is a Friday and Mon 31st is a Bank Hol, so if SF release your money later in the day on 28th, it probably won't reach your bank account until Tue 1st.

Basically, don't rely on getting your SF money exactly on the date in your entitlement letter. Always have a week's funds in hand, just in case.
Thank you so much for answering I guess I'm just worrying too much over it all haha but of that's the case then it doesn't sound too bad I think I can wait a few more days :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending