The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

GEOGRAPHY Bristol University Entry Requirements - HELP!!!

I want to apply to Bristol Uni to do geography and will be able to apply with contextual offer as well seen as I go to one of the schools on the list. However I know that Bristol ask for a B or above in maths and I only have a C!! Do you think they'd be lenient with my C or would they be strict saying you need a B? I think I would be able to achieve higher than the contextual offer of AAB anyway so do you think they would look past my C or would they be weird about it?? I have achieved a grade A in geography just now in my AS results do you think they'd be kinder because of that as well haaa!! THANKS!!!!!!!
Bristol isn't 'lenient' for any courses - like all top Unis, they state the admissions requirements they want and will reject those who doesnt meet it. There are too many applicants for Geography (its one of the UK's top courses) for them to need to be 'nice' to those without the basic GCSE qualifications.

You should be asking your school if you can retake GCSE Maths this year - raising a C to a B isnt that hard.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
You didn't answer my question about contextual offers and seen as you know quite a lot about it you must know something about that!! Thanks!!
Original post by S01B97
You didn't answer my question about contextual offers and seen as you know quite a lot about it you must know something about that!! Thanks!!

Get your predicted grades to meet or exceed the entry requirements. Then work like hell to meet them. If you don't manage to pull those grades off and miss them by a very small amount you may be allowed in anyway but it's a very risky strategy and sometimes resists may be a better option. The contextual offer can still stipulate that you require a B in maths, hence why getting predicted a B then doing a resit may be a good option.

Also, you don't apply for a contextual offer you just apply like everyone else and pray that the contextual offer is the one you get :P (it should be if your school was on the same list as mine).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by S01B97

you wouldn't get an offer without already having, or planning to resit the compulsory subjects at the required grades
Whether it is a contextual offer or not, if you don't meet the basic requirements your application will be rejected immediately. If you want 'leniency' because you couldnt be bothered to retake a GCSE then Bristol is probably not the place for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending