The Student Room Group

Iranian Parliament Speaker's Adviser - "Israel should be annihilated"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by david9640
That's not the point that the politician made though. The politician wanted any parent who's child was a 'terrorist' who placed flowers on their own child's grave, to be killed . . . no exceptions.

these are his words

'Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just.
where does he say grave?
As we always hear by the pro-Trident lobby, nuclear weapons are essential as a deterrent.

Israel has nuclear weapons and thus will be protected by the deterrent.

/Endthread
Original post by BaconandSauce
these are his words

'Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just.
where does he say grave?

Surely 'flowers and kisses' refers to a funeral? It's awfully transparent though that once again you ignore the main points being made.
Original post by david9640
Surely 'flowers and kisses' refers to a funeral? It's awfully transparent though that once again you ignore the main points being made.

'Surely'

Sorry I read it differently and as he does not mention 'graves' but does mention 'sending them on their way'

But you do know don't you there are mothers who actively encourage their children to kill themselves and I believe this is who he is talking about
Reply 44
Original post by MagicNMedicine
As we always hear by the pro-Trident lobby, nuclear weapons are essential as a deterrent.

Israel has nuclear weapons and thus will be protected by the deterrent.

/Endthread

Well it's a fair argument in this case really. Isrsel has a powerful military, a second strike capable deterrent and a hyperpower for an Ally. I'm sure they can survive some offensive rhetoric.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Well it's a fair argument in this case really. Isrsel has a powerful military, a second strike capable deterrent and a hyperpower for an Ally. I'm sure they can survive some offensive rhetoric.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's also the size of Wales and would be paralysed by one strike.

Interesting to see that you think Israel should just sit back and accept the situation of a country which sponsors more terrorist groups than any other, which is actively on a daily basis trying to surround Israel's borders with their forces and makes daily threats of genocide.

This coupled with the ever-growing threat of their nuclear programme which is subject to the most ridiculously loose inspection regime.

If it's one thing that Jews and Israelis have learned, be it from Hitler, Nasser or now Iran - when a madman or regime threatens to wipe you out - BELIEVE THEM.

Hopefully Israel will take action against this rotten regime soon. Enough is enough.
Oh, so they called for a state to be dissolved. So does the constitution of the Republic of Ireland, for the record.
Original post by The Dictator
There have been many settler and colonial states in the world...I guess we shouldn't take white Southern African property owners or any of the South American countries seriously either.

Except these states do not still pursue colonialist policies. They are not trying to colonise further territory, nor do they privilege the settler population (not formally, at least). Most of these countries have also formally accepted the wrongs of the colonial period, and have accepted that land reform must occur in some form. There's none of this in Israel/Palestine.
Original post by anarchism101
Except these states do not still pursue colonialist policies. They are not trying to colonise further territory,

That sounds like what the Muslims are doing in several countries.

Do you think Iran has colonised Lebanon? a once Christian, democratic country now Muslim-dominated with bus loads of Shias brought in to boost their population?

Iranian colonisation attempt in Yemen?
Original post by anarchism101
Oh, so they called for a state to be dissolved. So does the constitution of the Republic of Ireland, for the record.

No they called for it to be annihilated
Original post by LockheedSpooky

This coupled with the ever-growing threat of their nuclear programme which is subject to the most ridiculously loose inspection regime.

Read: most intrusive inspections regime in history.

The irony of Israel not even being a signatory to the NPT yet having developed hundreds of nuclear weapons, then crying wolf when Iran pursues a nuclear energy program (as verified by basically every intelligence agency on the earth) - never fails to amuse me. :rolleyes:
Reply 51
Original post by saeed97
I dislike Iran a lot, but when they have been constantly threatened by Israel (and its friends) and are worried about an invasion or being bombed as a result of their nuclear development then i can understand the dislike between the nations.

Iran is a good country, Cradle of civilization, culturally rich, 2,500 year old administration, it's just been twisted towards radical Islam by the meddling west. Israel however was just the illegal theft of land and the dumping of Jews by colonial administrators who wanted Jews out of their hands. Israel is now trying to wipe out the previous inhabitants and nobody is allowed to say anything about it.
Reply 52
Original post by Plutonian
Iran is a good country, Cradle of civilization, culturally rich, 2,500 year old administration, it's just been twisted towards radical Islam by the meddling west. Israel however was just the illegal theft of land and the dumping of Jews by colonial administrators who wanted Jews out of their hands. Israel is now trying to wipe out the previous inhabitants and nobody is allowed to say anything about it.

Yep i agree.
Iran is a good country

Oh for the love of god

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran

And I note you always blame the 'west' for issues in the muslim world (which is odd as the 'west' didn't really become an idea until after the 2nd world world war and the creation of the UN and the muslim world has been a hole since the ottoman empire started it's decline
Reply 54
Oh for the love of god

And I note you always blame the 'west' for issues in the muslim world (which is odd as the 'west' didn't really become an idea until after the 2nd world world war and the creation of the UN and the muslim world has been a hole since the ottoman empire started it's decline

Here's your reply JIDF boy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Persian_Oil_Company
Reply 55
Oh for the love of god

And FYI the concept of the "west" began with the division of the Roman Empire. The western half was literally called the "Western Empire". The "west" became a general term for cultures centered around the Latin interpretation of Christianity as opposed to the Orthodox version in the eastern half. Eventually western Europeans found out that there was land further east of the Byzantine Empire so the East became a catch all term for "anything east of Constantinople". Over the years this has included, Orthodox Christianity, Confucianism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and more recently Communism. while "western culture" has shifted from Christianity based to capitalism based. Between the fall of Rome and the 19th century Europe was too at war with itself to meddle in the affairs of developed Eastern powers until their technological advancements enabled them to meddle and meddle they did, engineering the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, the overthrow of the Iranian Shah and dismantling of the last Chinese Empire.

So the 'west' has now become an oil company

and did you really call me a Jew Israeli Defense Force Boy?

Poor form but them from someone who calls Iran a good country it's hardly surprising.
And FYI the concept of the "west" began with the division of the Roman Empire.

The 'west' as a geographical notion yes not as a political one

Geographical ideas are incapable of 'melding' in foreign countries as you claimed
Reply 58
So the 'west' has now become an oil company

and did you really call me a Jew Israeli Defense Force Boy?

Poor form but them from someone who calls Iran a good country it's hardly surprising.

Yeah I did, what you gonna do about it?

The 'west' as a geographical notion yes not as a political one

Geographical ideas are incapable of 'melding' in foreign countries as you claimed

Of course it's political. Most of the countries considered "western" aren't even in the geographic west. It obviously nowadays means "anyone aligned with the USA"
Original post by LockheedSpooky
That sounds like what the Muslims are doing in several countries.

Do you think Iran has colonised Lebanon? a once Christian, democratic country now Muslim-dominated with bus loads of Shias brought in to boost their population?

Iranian colonisation attempt in Yemen?

Unless you have secret evidence of thousands of Shia Persians settling in Lebanon and Yemen, it seems you don't know what settler colonialism is.

Also, based on recent estimates, the Muslim Lebanese population is actually declining as a proportion of the overall population, with the Christian population increasing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending