The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rubgish
The only really formal bit of a formal is putting a gown on. After that it's just eating food and getting very drunk :smile:

Well no-one has to go; in fact if you don't sign up in time one won't be going :wink:

But yes, very drunk. Just don't throw food or stand on the tables or no more formals for you... And keep costumes PG..
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by returnmigrant
That'll be interesting.... because the building is still covered in scaffolding and they havnt even started on the internal fit-out yet. There is no way it will be ready for Freshers Week.

I did notice that when I went to view actually - some of the building is literally still just concrete. I wonder if they've got some of the rooms ready and the rest don't open until later on - my friend is supposedly still going there.

EDIT: It's been taken down from UWE's site so you may be right
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mr.Spock
Hehe I hope you're right and there is a good cross section of people there :P Are you going to Wills?

Did you get an ensuite room? I know a lot of people that applied to wills ended up getting a residence not on there preferences
Ohh awesome! :biggrin: What are you studying?

Geography, you?
Reply 184
Original post by tedible
Did you get an ensuite room? I know a lot of people that applied to wills ended up getting a residence not on there preferences

What do you mean? It was really competitive to get in? People who put Wills as their first choice, didn't even get one of their three preferences?

How do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tedible

No I got a single with a basin in Old Quad but I'm happy with that :smile: what did you get?
Original post by Magawengway
Geography, you?

Maths :biggrin: Do you know what day you're getting there?
Original post by spleenharvester
I did notice that when I went to view actually - some of the building is literally still just concrete. I wonder if they've got some of the rooms ready and the rest don't open until later on - my friend is supposedly still going there.

EDIT: It's been taken down from UWE's site so you may be right

Oh here we go again.
No I got a single with a basin in Old Quad but I'm happy with that :smile: what did you get?

I got a shared room which I'm happy with. It's actually two rooms with an interconnected door
Original post by PhophieRovers
Any internationals going to Wills? (:

Yep, got a room in XYZ.
Reply 190
Original post by tedible
I got a shared room which I'm happy with. It's actually two rooms with an interconnected door

Did you put a shared room on your preference? Or did you want a single or ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tedible

Yeah I said in my application I would be happy to share but I'm quite messy so its probably a good thing I didn't get one :P
Yeah I said in my application I would be happy to share but I'm quite messy so its probably a good thing I didn't get one :P

Where are you from by the way
Original post by tedible
Where are you from by the way

Basingstoke which is about 50 miles outside London, you? :smile:
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
Oh here we go again.

? Was there a first time?
Maths :biggrin: Do you know what day you're getting there?

20th :smile: thats the official residence open I believe, but I'm gonna get there in the afternoon as I coming from london, looong
Original post by spleenharvester
? Was there a first time?

Oh yes.. This is how it began last year.
Basingstoke which is about 50 miles outside London, you? :smile:

East London
Original post by Magawengway
20th :smile: thats the official residence open I believe, but I'm gonna get there in the afternoon as I coming from london, looong

Cool same :biggrin: Ohh I love London :P What made you choose Bristol?
Original post by tedible
East London

Oh nice :smile: what made you choose Bristol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending