The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

When do we find out our flat numbers for Waverley house? Also is anyone moving in before the official moving in weekend?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by carlamitchh
When do we find out our flat numbers for Waverley house? Also is anyone moving in before the official moving in weekend?

If it's the same as The Rackhay (just across the road) then you won't find out until you arrive, which is a bit poo if you ask me.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
If it's the same as The Rackhay (just across the road) then you won't find out until you arrive, which is a bit poo if you ask me.

Hmm how strange!
Reply 983
If anyone wants to swap accommadation with me please reply. Im at liberty living with my own kitchen and tv. Theres also a student common room and gym and lots of student freshers are there. I dont want to swap because of anything against the accommodation, its more personal reasons and i'd prefer a university hall (preferably catered).
How much is the accommodation per week?
Reply 985
Can someone tell me when does the freshers week start? I thought it starts on the 19th September but I've got given my timetable and it looks like my induction week starts on the 19th as well.
Original post by Kris98k
Can someone tell me when does the freshers week start? I thought it starts on the 19th September but I've got given my timetable and it looks like my induction week starts on the 19th as well.

Same thing. Were you expecting a whole week to yourself just to inject pot?
Original post by Hineshtailor
How much is the accommodation per week?

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/residences/
Original post by Riz97
If anyone wants to swap accommadation with me please reply. Im at liberty living with my own kitchen and tv. Theres also a student common room and gym and lots of student freshers are there. I dont want to swap because of anything against the accommodation, its more personal reasons and i'd prefer a university hall (preferably catered).

How much is your accommodation a week?
Reply 989
Original post by Hineshtailor
How much is your accommodation a week?

I think its about £178 per week and you can sublet it in the holidays
Reply 990
Its also only five minutes away from the uni
Original post by Riz97
Its also only five minutes away from the uni

Nice but 178£ is alot
Reply 992
Original post by Kris98k

The two are the same- it's technically called 'intro week' now, and that is to allow them to put your introductory academic sessions and your 'fun' stuff in the same week, and there's usually a couple of free days at the end of the week for the traditional freshers fair down by the harbourside, for you to stock up on free stuff for the year
Original post by NoahJ
there's usually a couple of free days at the end of the week for the traditional freshers fair down by the harbourside, for you to stock up on free stuff for the year

Free you say? Care to elaborate so I don't buy stuff that I'll not need?
Reply 994
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Free you say? Care to elaborate so I don't buy stuff that I'll not need?

ha nothing too exciting I'm afraid; it's often billed up as a legendary event, when in reality it's often a disappointment- usually a goody-bag from Wilkos, Morrisons; free dominoes pizza; endless free pens, sweets, vouchers, condoms, annual subscription to The Economist (you get the idea).

It is good to meet people for societies (that you actually want to join- not the other 300 you'll sign up for and never attend). Also, for goodness' sake, do not pay membership for any society on that day, unless you are 100% sure that you will join. All societies are required to offer free taster sessions by the UBU, so try before you buy
Original post by NoahJ
ha nothing too exciting I'm afraid; it's often billed up as a legendary event, when in reality it's often a disappointment- usually a goody-bag from Wilkos, Morrisons; free dominoes pizza; endless free pens, sweets, vouchers, condoms, annual subscription to The Economist (you get the idea).

Not quite as good as I'd hoped; was thinking I'd be coming away like...

Original post by NoahJ
The two are the same- it's technically called 'intro week' now,

Not any more; as of September 2014, it's officially "Welcome Week".
Original post by NoahJ

That sounds exciting to me!
Original post by donkeymouse
Hey

Just been accepted to Hiatt-Baker Hall- Catered
Wasn't in my 1st or 2nd choice (Wills and churchill)

Just have few questions about accomodation

1. I am international and Bristol *kindly* handed over my CAS number a bit too late
so I still haven't got my visa - applied it this Monday.
I don't think I might be able to be on time for the arrival weekend
Is it possible to move in after the arrivals weekend? Don't really wanna miss out on a lot of fun activities and friends
I did request for my visa to be on priority - applying from NZ

2. I am massive. My height is 188cm
I saw on the website that my accomodation will provide me a single sized bed
but I don't think I can manage to fit it in
Is there a way to ask for my bed size to be swapped with extra payments or do I need to stick to sleeping on single sized bed?

3. I'm bringing multisocket adapters - even though I'm not supposed to (haha)
Is it ok to use them in your rooms and also will the wardens check our baggage and stuff when we move in?
Just worried that my multisocket adaptors will be confiscated :frown:

4. What's the food like in Hiatt-Baker -Catered

5. Is there a necessity to purchase those hall wristbands? - I don't seem to find a point in purchasing it

Thanks alot guys

1. You can but hopefully you'll get it in time!
2. Ooh halls I very much doubt have any alternatives. Wills certainly didn't. I'd imagine you'd be best off seeing how it is and figuring out a makeshift solution (box and pillow at the end?)
3. Everyone I knew and I had them... They do announce room inspections so perhaps put away when those go on.
4. Usually nice, quite carb heavy but weekend lunches were a particular favourite of mine.
5. Nooo, waste. Buy on door if you need, they'll say everything's sold out but it never is. Total waste to buy now.
Wondering if anyone is at the same situation as I do: I applied after 31st July but way before 31st August (I am an international student), but still haven't received accommodation offer yet, I did received a e-mail from the accommodation office saying about offers will be going on for the next few days and I will receive a e-mail when my offer is ready, and this happened on 6th September. I checked my e-mail and my application form several times everyday but there's nothing... wondering if I should call the office again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending