The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Another weird question:Are there any rules against sticking stuff up on walls in certain accomadations?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1181
Anyone else's login page saying they're not covered by the accommodation guarantee even though you've firmed?
Yeh mine's saying that! Glad I'm not the only one.

I emailed the accommodation office yesterday and they replied saying it should change by the end of the day but it still hasn't...

I'm going to give it a week and see what happens

Original post by CSD99
Anyone else's login page saying they're not covered by the accommodation guarantee even though you've firmed?
ignore this found it :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1184
Anyone living in private accomodation willing to talk about their experience? ive only just found out that we can apply to accomodations mot ran by the uni but does that take a bit away from the experience?
Original post by k4l397
One of my friends was in Clifton Hill House (CHH), it seemed quite a social place - probably because it was catered. I mainly mixed with my flat in the halls I was in (Waverly) but my friend who was at CHH mixed with a load of people across the building. Don't know much about Goldney but I hear generally good things about it. Same with Manor. The only complaints I've heard have been related to the fact it's catered and as a result they don't provide proper cooking facilities (a microwave, a kettle, and a toaster, that's about it). I have a friend on the Manor JCR and from what I've heard they have decent formals. Goldney has the Goldney Ball which is probably the universities biggest formal event of the year (that I can think of), everyone is able to buy a ticket anyway though. My friend who was at CHH liked their formals although apparently this year they've been more expensive than in previous years - though that's more down to who is running the JCR that year and how well they manage their budget. Hope this helps :smile: (sorry nothing on Wills, don't know much about there)

hi im thinking of applying to waverly as my first choice, whats it like and is it a good choice?
What are people writing for their accommodation personal statements now sure what to put ??
Hi!

I'm coming to Bristol Uni next year for my year abroad and I'm so excited! :smile: I only worry about accommodation as the guarantee of place in Uni halls doesn't apply to erasmus students :frown: What halls would you recommend, taking into account I'll olny be offered a place after all guarantee students are accommodated? Clifton Hill House, Wills Hall, Manor Hall, Northwell House, St Michael's Park and the Hawthorns look the best for me. Any opinions on them (and on how difficult it is to get into)? Or maybe you've heard about anyone without a guarantee who was offered a place and how did he/she managed to do it?

Thanks a lot for any help! :smile:
Original post by musicalmedic
Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on Orchard Heights, Unite House or Goldney?

Bump
Hi there, I've already applied for Manor Hall as the first choice and Northwell House as the second.

But I don't really like the thing with single-sex flats/houses at Manor. I applied for a single room without basin, and hopefully I could get a mixed sex flat.
But, would you recommend to put Northwell House in first choice?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by saiffanwar
hi im thinking of applying to waverly as my first choice, whats it like and is it a good choice?

Yeah, it's definitely a good choice! In the past, it's often not people's first choice and most people there initially complain about getting it, by the end, most people seem to like it. The good thing about that is, if it is your first choice then you're a lot more likely to get it. I definitely enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone. The location is the bit I liked the most, right in the center, shops are close, it's close to uni etc. It's also part of the riverside halls which is the biggest community of students outside of stoke bishop (or it was, not sure if it's been overtaken by any of the new ones). The flats themselves are pretty modern too. It's a really good place to be! If you have any more questions, let me know, I'd happily answer them :smile:
Hi!

I applied for accommodation at Bristol back when the applications opened - and recently I got an email saying that I could log back into my application to check it had been received, but I can't figure out how to do this? Does anyone know how/did anyone else get this email?

Thank you in advance for any help!

x
Original post by __Grace
Hi!

I applied for accommodation at Bristol back when the applications opened - and recently I got an email saying that I could log back into my application to check it had been received, but I can't figure out how to do this? Does anyone know how/did anyone else get this email?

Thank you in advance for any help!

x

Go to the application page again and put in your name and number, but this time it'll take you to your application.
Are the accommodation application statements seen by the people you are matched with, or just Bristol's admissions team to allocate alike people together in halls?
Is Waverley house or favell that social as the halls in SB or Cliffton? I am outgoing person and I would like to keep in touch with lots of like-minded people,but not to be in completely dull accommodation.
Original post by sergilius
Hi there, I've already applied for Manor Hall as the first choice and Northwell House as the second.

But I don't really like the thing with single-sex flats/houses at Manor. I applied for a single room without basin, and hopefully I could get a mixed sex flat.

Wait, what?! Single sex at manor?? Are you sure?

Edit: oh it's just if you request it
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sergilius

Hey! I put Northwell as my first choice because three people I know recommended it and said that the people who go their generally love it, because they actually choose to be there, unlike some city centre places that can be a third preference. I don't think you would be placed in a same-sex flat unless you stated it as a preference.
Do we get to find out flat/room assignments at all before we get there? I have a returner offer to Waverley and it just says TBC...
Original post by spleenharvester
Do we get to find out flat/room assignments at all before we get there? I have a returner offer to Waverley and it just says TBC...

You find out once your place is confirmed. That's when they send your accommodation offer (sent by 23 August I'm pretty sure).
Original post by gustavmarla
You find out once your place is confirmed. That's when they send your accommodation offer (sent by 23 August I'm pretty sure).

Have already received mine due to being a returner (that's a point though actually, perhaps we won't find out until everyone gets their offer)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending