The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hesterrose
Currently live in New Bridewell and I love it! feel free to ask questions :smile:

heyy, i applied to UOB and want my first accom choice to be either The Courtrooms or New Bridewell but feel like The Courtrooms have more storage space than New Bridewell from the pictures, but New Bridewell looks bigger is spacially so I'm torn... I neep help
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I struggled to find my student number, could somebody help me please?

I've looked at my offer, UCAS, other rubbish emails from Bristol but no student number found... only personal ID appeared...
Original post by chieula2301
I struggled to find my student number, could somebody help me please?

I've looked at my offer, UCAS, other rubbish emails from Bristol but no student number found... only personal ID appeared...

There's an email form '[email protected]' with the subject 'Applications are now open'. It should have your number in it.
Thanks for your help, I tried to look for that in my email but for some reason I don’t have it
Original post by bingbong654
There's an email form '[email protected]' with the subject 'Applications are now open'. It should have your number in it.
Thanks for your help, I tried to look for that in my email but for some reason I don’t have it

Have you tried junk mail... I would email them quickly or call them up because if you haven't got accommodation sorted by midnight tonight, you won't be guaranteed a room.
It's sunday today, tried calling them this morning and it didnt work,I kinda knew that I would miss the deadline and have to wait for the second round

Is it me or Bristol accommodations are a bit... i don't know... more expensive and look worse than other universities? e.g Warwick

From the photos from the website I was really put off by the thought that this is where im going to stay for the next 3 years, what are your thoughts?
Have you tried junk mail... I would email them quickly or call them up because if you haven't got accommodation sorted by midnight tonight, you won't be guaranteed a room.
It's sunday today, tried calling them this morning and it didnt work,I kinda knew that I would miss the deadline and have to wait for the second round

Is it me or Bristol accommodations are a bit... i don't know... more expensive and look worse than other universities? e.g Warwick

From the photos from the website I was really put off by the thought that this is where im going to stay for the next 3 years, what are your thoughts?

Well I don't know, I haven't really looked around much. Bristol certainly looks better than York and I guess you are buying into the city as well as the accommodation. I'm quite looking forward to living in Bristol but I guess I'm from a small town and not used to much.
Turned out I didn’t need to apply for accommodation because it’s my insurance. Although I’m pretty sure that I’ve missed my firm.. Thanks for your help though!!
Well I don't know, I haven't really looked around much. Bristol certainly looks better than York and I guess you are buying into the city as well as the accommodation. I'm quite looking forward to living in Bristol but I guess I'm from a small town and not used to much.
Are there any postgraduates who've heard back about their accommodation application?
Original post by lame-o
Are there any postgraduates who've heard back about their accommodation application?

Nope, and I am a guaranteed intl. student! Im feeling like I wont get any accommodation at this point, maybe i need to be more patient!
Original post by amandapanda22
Nope, and I am a guaranteed intl. student! Im feeling like I wont get any accommodation at this point, maybe i need to be more patient!

That's ridiculous! Apparently I'm going to hear back mid August, which is a bit late to find an alternative. If you're guaranteed and haven't heard back yet then I have no hope haha. What a nightmare! Can't believe how organised this whole thing has been.
Original post by amandapanda22

was your offer made uncondiational before july 11? do you have your CAS number? results submitted?
Reply 1392
Original post by fifi1610
badock or churchii

it was badock for me, had a blast. churchill is kinda like badock but ppl don't try to hide their poshness

Original post by Rd123x
Wheres the best Bristol university accommodation that's the most lively, has the most parties ect ect ? any help would be much appreciated

I'd recommend badock but anywhere in west village would be ok tbf

Original post by Flippers18
has any1 else put Badock catered as their 1st choice ?

did that last year, best decision hands down
Original post by lame-o
That's ridiculous! Apparently I'm going to hear back mid August, which is a bit late to find an alternative. If you're guaranteed and haven't heard back yet then I have no hope haha. What a nightmare! Can't believe how organised this whole thing has been.

Ill have to make do with whatever I get. But it would be too hard to rent anyways and the postgrad housing matches with my program start and end dates anyways. I just emailed them and they said I should get my offer soon as theyre giving them out now. Fingers crossed!
Original post by warm_jeans
was your offer made uncondiational before july 11? do you have your CAS number? results submitted?

Yes to everything except the last question as I am a postgrad and there are no results for me to submit. The housing office said they are having technical difficulties with the postgrad applications, hence why theyve been so slow to send them out
Does anyone have any experience/comments/random facts about the following accommodation blocks?:
Manor Hall
New Bridewell
Orchard Heights
Richmond Terrace
The Courtrooms
Winkworth house?

Additionally, if anyone has anything to say about ensuite bathrooms, and studio kitchens, I'll appreciate it!:biggrin:
Anyone have any opinions on Unite House and Hawthorns?
All I’d say is definitely avoid New Bridewell. They’ve had issues with plumbing/internet/electricity for years.
Original post by Aaryra
Does anyone have any experience/comments/random facts about the following accommodation blocks?:
Manor Hall
New Bridewell
Orchard Heights
Richmond Terrace
The Courtrooms
Winkworth house?

Additionally, if anyone has anything to say about ensuite bathrooms, and studio kitchens, I'll appreciate it!:biggrin:
Has anyone been able to complete the accommodation induction? I was going through it then got a message saying 'you cannot continue'.
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone been able to complete the accommodation induction? I was going through it then got a message saying 'you cannot continue

I haven't as I have yet to receive my accommodation offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending