The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Whats the best catered halls in terms of social aspect?

Badock and Hiatt baker, any stoke bishop really
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Anonymous
ahh ok this is useful. could I ask what the number of students in a flat is in Badock hall, as I want something around 8,9 or 10. thanks :smile:

Yeah you’re looking at max 11, but usually around 8,9 though
Hi! I'm struggling to choose between Goldney and Hiatt Baker. I'm concerned that being in Goldney could be quite isolating (especially if we're mostly doing online lectures and not going out), however I'm worried that HB/Stoke Bishop in general might be a bit too posh?? Has anyone experienced either??

(also considering University Hall to save some money - is it really that bad? hahaha)

Original post by d555
I was in a RT ensuite a couple years ago. One of the quieter accoms, not known for attracting party animals. Although it depends on which roommates you get.
Excellent location, off the main road - so quiet, 1 minute from the SU, short and easy walk to campus. Like many accoms there are no big supermarkets nearby (by foot), but plenty of metros in Clifton village/near campus.

Want to know anything in particular?

I have chosen New Bridewell, Richmond Terrace, Hawthorns and Durdham. I still have some choices left since I only choose ensuite self catered, and I wonder if I should choose studio flats or choose one more hall.
Does the studio flats has a smaller bedroom because they include a kitchen? I think it's nice to share a kitchen, so that we can take turn to do the cooking and I think it safes time. Do you guys actually take turn to cook? Or everyone cook their own food and eat by themselves?
Reply 1484
Original post by rebellionium
I have chosen New Bridewell, Richmond Terrace, Hawthorns and Durdham. I still have some choices left since I only choose ensuite self catered, and I wonder if I should choose studio flats or choose one more hall.
Does the studio flats has a smaller bedroom because they include a kitchen? I think it's nice to share a kitchen, so that we can take turn to do the cooking and I think it safes time. Do you guys actually take turn to cook? Or everyone cook their own food and eat by themselves?

I never saw a studio so I don't know - best to look at the photos online.
Taking turns depends on the flatmates you get. My flat did not share cooking - just take turns by ourselves. One of my friends had a flat that did share, it depends on how close you get to them.
Original post by d555
I never saw a studio so I don't know - best to look at the photos online.
Taking turns depends on the flatmates you get. My flat did not share cooking - just take turns by ourselves. One of my friends had a flat that did share, it depends on how close you get to them.

thanks for your information
Hey everyone. I’ll be starting as a first year this september and was wondering if there was a way of applying to Manor Hall without having the possibility of being allocated a room in Sinclair House (one of the annexes), since I would preferably want to be in the main hall.
(edited 3 years ago)
are there any shops/grocers near the stoke bishop accom area, preferably within walking distance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending