The Student Room Group

What clothes are you taking to university?

I have:

20 home tops
10 home pants
20 going out tops
7 jeans

Is this enough? How many party dresses do you have?

ALSO, can I wear some of my home tops (indoor clothes) outside?? Or is that not acceptable?

Must I change everyday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have:

20 home tops
10 home pants
20 going out tops
7 jeans

ALSO, can I wear some of my home tops (indoor clothes) outside?? Or is that not acceptable?

Must I change everyday?

I don't understand. Indoor clothes? What?

Just take enough clothes to change your top and bottoms every day for a fortnight, a couple of things to wear on a night out, something formal incase your Uni calls for it, and obviously lots of underwear! Nobody will notice if you wear a top more than once, just don't become known for living in the same outfit all week when you run out of washing money.
I took my whole wardrobe to university, but it sounds like thats plenty as long as you do a wash once a week or so.
I have:

20 home tops
10 home pants
20 going out tops
7 jeans

Must I change everyday?

Yes that's loads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Katie_p
I don't understand. Indoor clothes? What?Just take enough clothes to change your top and bottoms every day for a fortnight, a couple of things to wear on a night out, something formal incase your Uni calls for it, and obviously lots of underwear! Nobody will notice if you wear a top more than once, just don't become known for living in the same outfit all week when you run out of washing money.

Do you go to sleep in the same outfit as you wear all day?
I have about six outfits I wear. The fact you have "indoor" shirts.make me think you are beyond privileged.
wtd indoor and outdoor clothes
Reply 7
What the heck are home pants?

I just took largely all I owned that I still wear, and packed mainly for winter since you can switch out the jumpers for warm weather clothes over Xmas hols.
But taking all may not be an option for all so just take whatever. You can always wash and buy more.
I have:

20 home tops
10 home pants
20 going out tops
7 jeans

Must I change everyday?

No-one cares what you wear. Seriously. Some people go to the shop in pajamas. Some people turn up to lectures, hungover in a hoodie - if they turn up at all. As long as you have clean clothes for each day it's no big deal.
Wear whatever you want.
A guy in my maths lectures went every day in his housecoat / dressing gown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you go to sleep in the same outfit as you wear all day?

Why don't you just sleep in your pajamas?
Wtf that's so much. I'm taking like 3 pairs of trousers/jeans and maybe a weeks worth of T shirts. Plus some going out shirts.
Do you wear the same clothes for days on end at home?

Do you go to bed at home in the clothes you've been wearing all day?

Next you'll be telling us about your horror at being told you have to wash your clothes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Just bring your normal clothes. You're not going on a camping trip wtf
Im taking roughly
4/5 shirts - I wear them for day time and going out
6/7 t-shirts
4-5 jumpers
3 jackets
2 winter coats
some nightware i.e. few pairs of shorts
9 pairs of jeans
5 pairs of shoes
my running clothing
and obviously lots of underwear
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moonkatt
Do you wear the same clothes for days on end at home?

Do you go to bed at home in the clothes you've been wearing all day?

Next you'll be telling us about your horror at being told you have to wash your clothes.

I do the bit in bold, wear the same set of top and bottoms for like 3/4 days, I thought that was normal? :s-smilie: I cba to wear a different set of clothes at home everyday, didn't think it mattered if they didn't get dirty or smelled?

Op 20 home tops is waay too much imo, I have like 7 sets of tops and bottoms that I wear at home and rotate. I have more day wear stuff and a few items for going out.
Original post by tootles44
I do the bit in bold, wear the same set of top and bottoms for like 3/4 days, I thought that was normal? :s-smilie: I cba to wear a different set of clothes at home everyday, didn't think it mattered if they didn't get dirty or smelled?

As do I if I'm just dossing about in the house. I was trying to get the OP to think, as living away at uni is not really that different to living at home, you just need to be a bit more self sufficient.
Original post by moonkatt
As do I if I'm just dossing about in the house. I was trying to get the OP to think, as living away at uni is not really that different to living at home, you just need to be a bit more self sufficient.

Ah ok fair enough!
Original post by Fleming1928
Why don't you just sleep in your pajamas?

Spoiler

Original post by REMLewis

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending