The Student Room Group

What can I wear to look more approachable?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by earthworm
A smile

THIS :smile:
Original post by Mick.w
ah theres nothing wrong with being young and enjoying it though. just i tend to gravitate away from most girls socially. i find a lot of girls spend most of their first half of their lives honing an act. trying to pretend to be a sexy 20 year old even when they are 13 or 30 and they only really drop the act when their looks start to fade and only then do they look inward at becoming mentally mature and really building their true self up from the inside rather than perfecting the image they spend so long trying to make on the outside. does that make sense or have rambled off?

but i guess as a result i tend to look for signs of "younger thinking" in girls and tend not to expect much in the way of conversation. and when i see lots of short skirts it kinda reminds me girls school uniforms so i think thats why i come to that conclusion.

but at the same time i think it is nice enjoy your youth. i guess i just assume its not coming from a well grounded place of thinking like that.
but maybe im just a cynic. im trying to be less so.

but on topic converse might go well with those dresses.

and ah yes with tights those dresses make more sense now.

and oh really? ah i think its slang that came about in the early 90s late 80s time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro26Qzm_4mA

No I don't think it is just you being cynical I understand what you mean that a lot of women do put their value on their looks until they start to fade and then panic or drop the shallow act and repent or are forced to work on other attributes. I suppose my question might seem a bit shallow, but it is just one question of many that I have really. I appreciate that physical attraction is only one level of attraction and that a relationship would not survive if built on my looks and that I have to bring a lot more to the table. Trust me I've been working on my inner self for a long time! However, I can't be so naive as to ignore the fact that physicality is what a man first sees and instinctively reacts to. Inner beauty and qualities are way more important and last longer but unless I befriend the guy he's not usually going to get the chance to see it and at present I do not really have many guys as friends nor am I exposed to many through my work etc. I do feel the way I dress is just one representation of my personality and what I want to express to the world but as someone else said the best thing I can do is probably just wear a smile.

Yeah I need some new converse I like to team them up with dresses to mix it up a bit.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
ooomg I love women who dress like this. This is the only way. It's feminine but mature, but bright like a sunny appearance but it can be sexy too. I dunno. And for this weather go for it by all means. I don't get women wearing provocative **** like you know you can still be attractive and probably get even more attention and positive attention without showing bumcheeks, ladies.

Thanks for your view it's good to hear that some guys like feminine dress on a woman. I usually wear tights and cardigans to cover my arms outdoors plus I'm petite so nothing is never up my bum or too provocative no boobs or midriff out either :smile: Although I might skip the tights when the dress/skirt is below the knee.
Original post by ivy.98
THIS :smile:

Definitely that's rule number one wear a smile :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone I'm looking for some outfit ideas and I've already made a start! I used to wear all dark clothes to look invisible but now I'm into wearing really feminine stuff everyday not just for occasion. What do you think of the following outfits would they make me look approachable? Or what would you think if a girl wearing these kind of outfits approached you?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/30/ac/1c/30ac1c6b7083567e2752b914e7a9648a.jpg
(I actually have this dress but unfortunately my legs aren't quite as long!)

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/vtir3u-l-610x610-skirt-mini+skirt-floral-floral+skirts-summer+outfits-blouse-girly-teenager-skater+skirt-mint+green-pink-floral+skater+skirt-fashion-pretty-cute-casual-denim-jeans+jacket-rolled+sle.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9a26a7edf126503c798a28aee8408083/tumblr_n8f8g2CQhL1shus71o1_500.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1eI7tS4s_Bg/TKLDD8t2sgI/AAAAAAAAfg4/b6fgBO3GQTs/s1600/g.jpg

I'm into lots of florals, polka dots, flared skirts and dresses, cardigans and shawls and wearing my hair long and wavy with flower clips.
Let me know what you think of those and post lists and pictures of outfits and items that would make a woman seem more approachable and friendly :smile:

Cheers x

These are all nice, but they're summer outfits and we're heading into autumn now..
Original post by Tom78
These are all nice, but they're summer outfits and we're heading into autumn now..

That's true and very practical, thanks :smile:
Reply 26
Hi everyone I'm looking for some outfit ideas and I've already made a start! I used to wear all dark clothes to look invisible but now I'm into wearing really feminine stuff everyday not just for occasion. What do you think of the following outfits would they make me look approachable? Or what would you think if a girl wearing these kind of outfits approached you?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/30/ac/1c/30ac1c6b7083567e2752b914e7a9648a.jpg
(I actually have this dress but unfortunately my legs aren't quite as long!)

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/vtir3u-l-610x610-skirt-mini+skirt-floral-floral+skirts-summer+outfits-blouse-girly-teenager-skater+skirt-mint+green-pink-floral+skater+skirt-fashion-pretty-cute-casual-denim-jeans+jacket-rolled+sle.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9a26a7edf126503c798a28aee8408083/tumblr_n8f8g2CQhL1shus71o1_500.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1eI7tS4s_Bg/TKLDD8t2sgI/AAAAAAAAfg4/b6fgBO3GQTs/s1600/g.jpg

I'm into lots of florals, polka dots, flared skirts and dresses, cardigans and shawls and wearing my hair long and wavy with flower clips.
Let me know what you think of those and post lists and pictures of outfits and items that would make a woman seem more approachable and friendly :smile:

Cheers x

I think there is a difference between dressing feminine and dressing a bit child like and the outfits you've attached swing more to the latter. I think they'd look more grown up if you kept the outfit but changed the colours. Black, white and nude are good colours to wear in my opinion. Obviously not an outfit that is all one colour (especially not black as that won't make you approachable at all) but maybe 2 of those colours at a time. The skirts will still make you look feminine, even more so if you wear them with heels but you will still look like a grown lady due to the colours. This should make you very approachable:wink:.
Original post by Mason_
I think there is a difference between dressing feminine and dressing a bit child like and the outfits you've attached swing more to the latter. I think they'd look more grown up if you kept the outfit but changed the colours. Black, white and nude are good colours to wear in my opinion. Obviously not an outfit that is all one colour (especially not black as that won't make you approachable at all) but maybe 2 of those colours at a time. The skirts will still make you look feminine, even more so if you wear them with heels but you will still look like a grown lady due to the colours. This should make you very approachable:wink:.

nude? :erm:

Sigh ... do I have to demonstrate what that means again ...
Original post by Mpagtches
Sigh ... do I have to demonstrate what that means again ...

maybe? lol
Reply 30
ohh boy, still nailing away are we? :nah:

how is this sexually alluring?

It's perfect. I think it's feminine, appropriate, wholesome, respectable but still flattering, and a nice way to get attention as opposed to hot punarn shorts with rips in em. Not gonna lie I'd pree that as well but still. I'd prefer OP's examples and all my gfs I've been with and women I approach dress similarly.

i'd prefer neither. something that doesn't show as much thigh.
i already explained how the dress is showing as much thigh as pum pum shorts hence their reference.
obviously pum pum shorts are more of a message of slag.
but even though its a cutesy dress its still showing off a lot of leg and would be even more revealing she has to sit down and stuff.
my point is its revealing and will catch a lot of male eyes. i don't think thats exactly difficult to detect
Reply 31
No I don't think it is just you being cynical I understand what you mean that a lot of women do put their value on their looks until they start to fade and then panic or drop the shallow act and repent or are forced to work on other attributes. I suppose my question might seem a bit shallow, but it is just one question of many that I have really. I appreciate that physical attraction is only one level of attraction and that a relationship would not survive if built on my looks and that I have to bring a lot more to the table. Trust me I've been working on my inner self for a long time! However, I can't be so naive as to ignore the fact that physicality is what a man first sees and instinctively reacts to. Inner beauty and qualities are way more important and last longer but unless I befriend the guy he's not usually going to get the chance to see it and at present I do not really have many guys as friends nor am I exposed to many through my work etc. I do feel the way I dress is just one representation of my personality and what I want to express to the world but as someone else said the best thing I can do is probably just wear a smile.

Yeah I need some new converse I like to team them up with dresses to mix it up a bit.

well thats very refreshing to hear. your a rare one! i respect the whole importance of image and dress and other aspects of sexuality. its always going to play a part for both men and women i suppose.
and if you have any more questions i'd be happy to try my best to answer.
Original post by Mick.w
i'd prefer neither. something that doesn't show as much thigh.
i already explained how the dress is showing as much thigh as pum pum shorts hence their reference.
obviously pum pum shorts are more of a message of slag.
but even though its a cutesy dress its still showing off a lot of leg and would be even more revealing she has to sit down and stuff.
my point is its revealing and will catch a lot of male eyes. i don't think thats exactly difficult to detect

lol your tone towards me gets me everytime. Anyway I wasn't even really paying attention to the length, I was just looking at the choice of clothing and like that it's feminine and not tight. But I clicked it and looked again just now and yea I see it's short now tbh but this doesn't still look slaggy because of the style. I dunno. It does have a erm tutu kinda look to it which can be youthful and probably incite some perverts but I really can't explain why it looks appropriate to me still. It might be the cardigan that's doing it like "i'm showing a lotta leg, lemme cover my arms." Still think it's way above hot pants showing off the narn and bumcheeks. Or the denim hot pants over the tights lol you must date women who dress like butch lesbians or something haha
Thanks for your view it's good to hear that some guys like feminine dress on a woman. I usually wear tights and cardigans to cover my arms outdoors plus I'm petite so nothing is never up my bum or too provocative no boobs or midriff out either :smile: Although I might skip the tights when the dress/skirt is below the knee.

What do you wear with the tights?
Reply 34
you can still be attractive and probably get even more attention and positive attention without showing bumcheeks, ladies.

Why is it the norm to show bumcheeks at walking around the beach but not in town? I'm a girl who loves her bikini's but I'd like to get a guy's opinion as to why ones preferable in a particular setting and not other places.
Original post by hilrho
Why is it the norm to show bumcheeks at walking around the beach but not in town? I'm a girl who loves her bikini's but I'd like to get a guy's opinion as to why ones preferable in a particular setting and not other places.

@william walker :rofl: look it's the mystery woman

and tbh I don't get bikinis and thongs on the beach either, if that's the case just go nude tbh. But I appreciate the view is all. It's acceptable in towns depending on where like I'm from Trinidad and where people live by beaches and ports you'd kinda see it. It could be like that in Brazil or Miami, USA I guess. But in like...a non tropical place wearing that it's just ridiculous like where you gonna wear that to? The supermarket? lol
Original post by hilrho

Isn't it just obvious?
Would you wear a bikini to work in an office?
Would you wear a suit to the beach?

Of course there are particular clothes appropriate for particular settings -- and it really winds me up when people say otherwise.
@william walker :rofl: look it's the mystery woman

and tbh I don't get bikinis and thongs on the beach either, if that's the case just go nude tbh. But I appreciate the view is all. It's acceptable in towns depending on where like I'm from Trinidad and where people live by beaches and ports you'd kinda see it. It could be like that in Brazil or Miami, USA I guess. But in like...a non tropical place wearing that it's just ridiculous like where you gonna wear that to? The supermarket? lol

Yeah I tend to agree with this. In Malaga people walk around the apartments and town in bikini's, as it is right next to the beach. However in cities that aren't really near a beach it is less convenient. Also problems like sun burn, people staring and walking into things. :ahee: Also why people shouldn't walk around nude. We must think of others sometimes. :smile:

Also at the beach you could get wet and are maybe expect it, where as in a town you don't expect it? In the town near where I live at the river people take their clothes off to have a swim and what not. But then they normally have a towel and put their clothes back on when they go back up into the town. However the women have to get fully clothed, the men just have to put their pants/shorts on and that's it. They can go around with no top on. Most people don't have a problem with it. That is apart from me as I have belief in decorum. :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38

Yes the colour nude as in a skin tone.
Original post by william walker
Yeah I tend to agree with this. In Malaga people walk around the apartments and town in bikini's, as it is right next to the beach. However in cities that aren't really near a beach it is less convenient. Also problems like sun burn, people staring and walking into things. :ahee: Also why people shouldn't walk around nude. We must think of others sometimes. :smile:

Also at the beach you could get wet and are maybe expect it, where as in a town you don't expect it? In the town near where I live at the river people take their clothes off to have a swim and what not. But then they normally have a towel and put their clothes back on when they go back up into the town. However the women have to get fully clothed, the men just have to put their pants/shorts on and that's it. They can go around with no top on. Most people don't have a problem with it. That is apart from me as I have believe in decorum. :colondollar:

you'ree in Spain? :erm:

Original post by Mason_
Yes the colour nude as in a skin tone.

lol oh. gotta make sure around here haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending