The Student Room Group

Argos Christmas jobs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yep
Original post by RomNoob
Just applied, the link is for christmas only right?
Any advice would be nice- I've been applying everywhere and yesterday I got an interview for Argos on Monday but today I checked my emails and McDonald's have invited me for an interview, I'm not too sure what to do I mean I'd love to work at Argos as it's literally five minutes away and it would be a perfect job but if they don't keep me on is it worth it? I'm thinking I might go to both interviews but idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm leaving for uni in 2 weeks. Is it still worth applying for an Xmas job at Argos?
Original post by dumb cabbage
Ahh I just got a phone call now for an interview on Monday at 7pm, I'm quite nervous any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have any previous retail experience.
Would it be worth applying for more than one position, I haven't had previous retail experience either

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got no previous experience either (never had a job before! :frown:) so it's unlikely they'd bother with me but my local Argos is literally an easy ten minute walk from my house and would be ideal so it's worth a shot! Thanks for the link to the website! Fingers crossed for everyone that's applied!
Argos is like no other retailer, as long as you can show them your personality and how good you are with customers lack of experience shouldn't matter
Original post by 08Mercyf
Did you have any previous retail experience.

Yeah I do have some :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I do have some :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool.
He just said if I could come in on Monday at 7pm for an interview, I have no idea what to expect but I have a friend who works there so I'll ask her. Hopefully they keep me on if I get it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you apply online or in store

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I'm leaving for uni in 2 weeks. Is it still worth applying for an Xmas job at Argos?

No, not at all. You will spend the two weeks training if you get in, and the only way you will get in is by lying about uni. Someone is going to get declined so you can have a job for 2 weeks, plus working will give you less time to get ready for uni
Youwill almost definitely be expected to work weekends, and coming up to christmas you could get lot of hours. Its gonna be stressful but if you go to uni youll need to manage a job and uni so its best to start getting used to it all now
Original post by adam9317
Because evenings are my best time. Weekends, I could do at a push, but during the week I have sixth form, so weekday evenings is my only option. I'm really wondering is it worth it :smile:
What sort of things do Argos temps do? How long do Argos normally keep temps for and how many hours do you have to minimum?
Original post by Blyts-_
Did you apply online or in store

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied online :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To anyone interested- I came back from my interview and the manager said he'll let me know either Thursday or Friday. There was three different stages for the interview, the first stage was getting to know you so I came and sat in the meeting room, I waited for the manager to come and once he did he basically told me the interview process so in the first stage he asked me questions like tell me about yourself and why'd you like to work for Argos basically. (He writes what you answer on a booklet or something) once the first stage was over, we did the second stage which was speaking to the customers so he asked me to firstly walk around the store and think about is it easy for the customers to shop at Argos and did they enjoy shopping there so I did that and told him my answer and he then told me to approach a customer and ask if they need help and help them (i was praying for a good customer and I did get a good customer, the manager basically observes you) after that I went to the last stage and we went back to the meeting room, the final stage was about the manager giving me three or four different customer situations and I had to tell him how I'd do in the situation. One of the situations was that a customer is going on a holiday and he wants to buy a camera he doesn't know anything about tech so how'd you help him? After that, the manager asked me general questions about my leaving motive for my other job, my clothes size and yeah. Overall the interview wasn't that bad, but I don't know to feel about it however I'm not too fussed cos I got another two job interviews. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
To anyone interested- I came back from my interview and the manager said he'll let me know either Thursday or Friday. There was three different stages for the interview, the first stage was getting to know you so I came and sat in the meeting room, I waited for the manager to come and once he did he basically told me the interview process so in the first stage he asked me questions like tell me about yourself and why'd you like to work for Argos basically. (He writes what you answer on a booklet or something) once the first stage was over, we did the second stage which was speaking to the customers so he asked me to firstly walk around the store and think about is it easy for the customers to shop at Argos and did they enjoy shopping there so I did that and told him my answer and he then told me to approach a customer and ask if they need help and help them (i was praying for a good customer and I did get a good customer, the manager basically observes you) after that I went to the last stage and we went back to the meeting room, the final stage was about the manager giving me three or four different customer situations and I had to tell him how I'd do in the situation. One of the situations was that a customer is going on a holiday and he wants to buy a camera he doesn't know anything about tech so how'd you help him? After that, the manager asked me general questions about my leaving motive for my other job, my clothes size and yeah. Overall the interview wasn't that bad, but I don't know to feel about it however I'm not too fussed cos I got another two job interviews. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's probably a good sign.
Original post by Trenzalorian
No, not at all. You will spend the two weeks training if you get in, and the only way you will get in is by lying about uni. Someone is going to get declined so you can have a job for 2 weeks, plus working will give you less time to get ready for uni

Cheers - which places do you think it might be worth applying for an xmas job to in my situation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview for next Wednesday (so waited 13 days for the call). Contract will be 15 hours but i'll be a stock assistant so there's apparently more hours.

Would be interested to know what questions were asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also had an interview and it consisted of all three of these sections but in a different order.
When I arrived an employee took my bag and told me to walk around the shop floor and help customers. I did this for 25 minutes. Then I was invited into the interview with the manager and somebody else. The manager asked questions while the other girl noted my answers. The question you a lot about customers and how to make them happy and the good/bad things about their store. I then finished with the scenarios (5 I think - you can find them online).
It went okay but was a bit thrown off when they expected me to help with customers without an official introduction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, is pay weekly or monthly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending