The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Advice Needed for Accomodation

Hey Guys,

I will soon IA be joining the University of Bath this Fall, for MSc Marketing.

Unfortunately I was not able to receive accommodation on campus. Hence I need to look in the private sector.

Can anybody here tell me the best places to live in, and the best resources to find them? What's the closest area to the campus - as I don't want to spend too much time commuting.

Thanks!
Reply 1
the biggest student area aside from main campus is in Oldfield Park, within walking distance of the city centre and regular buses up to campus. there should be an accommodation fair at some point for those that didn't get accommodation. this will put you in touch with other freshers who also want to share a house
(edited 8 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Though this thread is a bit old, here's a link for anyone with the same question:

As above around a place called Oldfield is popular, but the buses are fairly busy as a result.

Southdown is another area, where I'm currently staying and the buses are a bit better - they take about 20 minutes to get to uni on a good day.

You may wish to use the resources to find somewhere where you can walk - it is up a hill but you'll never be late!

When I get the chance I'll make a post of some FAQ (perhaps on the Ask A Student Thread) for stuff about accommodation, both for campus and private accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest