The Student Room Group

Why don't they like me?

Over the past few years I've gone from having a few good friends and associates in school to having almost no friends to speak of. My old friends are generally cordial to my face but often laugh and mock me behind my back; sometimes they even play jokey pranks on me. Usually it's fairly lighthearted but sometimes it becomes really annoying and persistent, despite them being fairly friendly to me in person they basically don't like me at all and regard me as a joke, taking the piss constantly.

It's true I have undergone some changes recently. Over the past couple of years I've found myself more strongly attracted to girls two or three years younger than me (so in this year's Year 10 and 11) and I have a girlfriend who's three years younger than me just starting Year 10. I am in Year 13. I find this to be the main source of abuse towards me with people regarding me as a paedophile etc. but really I'm genuinely more attracted to younger women!

Also, I like to act with dignity and class and I feel this has been perceived as snobbery by others. For example, I've denounced people who shop at low-cost retail chains in recent years, often use complex vocabulary on social media and like speaking French more than English despite being a native English speaker.

This is mostly because I'm insecure; I feel I reinvented myself around Year 10 to seem more 'cool' to others but I may have gone to far... this has since spiralled out of control to the current situation where I am a constant object of mockery and contempt.

The above self psychoanalysis wasn't easy to perform, but I did it for a reason. Basically I'd just like some feedback on whether you think the situation is my fault or others' intolerance manifesting... and what can I do to fix this!?
you can't get everyone to like you.
Not everyone will like you (happens to me). However, this generally speaks about their character as a person. Show them, get new friends, join a club, society, do you have hobbies? Go out, see what's around.
Original post by Anonymous
Over the past few years I've gone from having a few good friends and associates in school to having almost no friends to speak of. My old friends are generally cordial to my face but often laugh and mock me behind my back; sometimes they even play jokey pranks on me. Usually it's fairly lighthearted but sometimes it becomes really annoying and persistent, despite them being fairly friendly to me in person they basically don't like me at all and regard me as a joke, taking the piss constantly.

It's true I have undergone some changes recently. Over the past couple of years I've found myself more strongly attracted to girls two or three years younger than me (so in this year's Year 10 and 11) and I have a girlfriend who's three years younger than me just starting Year 10. I am in Year 13. I find this to be the main source of abuse towards me with people regarding me as a paedophile etc. but really I'm genuinely more attracted to younger women!

Also, I like to act with dignity and class and I feel this has been perceived as snobbery by others. For example, I've denounced people who shop at low-cost retail chains in recent years, often use complex vocabulary on social media and like speaking French more than English despite being a native English speaker.

This is mostly because I'm insecure; I feel I reinvented myself around Year 10 to seem more 'cool' to others but I may have gone to far... this has since spiralled out of control to the current situation where I am a constant object of mockery and contempt.

The above self psychoanalysis wasn't easy to perform, but I did it for a reason. Basically I'd just like some feedback on whether you think the situation is my fault or others' intolerance manifesting... and what can I do to fix this!?

You sound a bit snobby denouncing people who work in retail you should probably stop that. At you're age most your peers would find it a bit strange going, you being with a girl who hasn't even started GCSE'S maybe you should've kept it DL for that reason but it's out now just don't be all touchy touchy with her when people are around just hold hands, only cheek kisses and stuff like that. in terms of your french speaking do whatever the hell you want you only have one more year in school enjoy it drop those people you call friends and just be yourself, even if you are a little snobby by nature thats you.
Reply 4
It is kind of gross going out with someone below the age of consent when you are old enough to know better. God just wait until you are 21 to date younger women. There's nothing wrong with 18 year old women they are hardly 'past it' now are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending