The Student Room Group

Are my AS Level Grades ok to apply to top uni's and other uni's of my choice?

Hi,
Im thinking of applying to the following university's to study Psychology: Southampton, UCL, Kings College, Oxford Brookes and City University. I got AAAB for my AS Levels, I am dropping one of the subjects i got an A for (english lang) as my B was for Psychology and i would obviously like to keep that.
Are these good / ok grades to apply to all my uni's even the more competitive ones like UCL? Also most of these UNI's want B's at Maths GCSE and i have a C but i spoke to my teacher and he said that I still have a chance but im not sure i believe him? Some advice would be good (My GCSE results are ok generally (AAAABBCC)
Original post by kanelynne
Hi,
Im thinking of applying to the following university's to study Psychology: Southampton, UCL, Kings College, Oxford Brookes and City University. I got AAAB for my AS Levels, I am dropping one of the subjects i got an A for (english lang) as my B was for Psychology and i would obviously like to keep that.
Are these good / ok grades to apply to all my uni's even the more competitive ones like UCL? Also most of these UNI's want B's at Maths GCSE and i have a C but i spoke to my teacher and he said that I still have a chance but im not sure i believe him? Some advice would be good (My GCSE results are ok generally (AAAABBCC)

It's worth a chance, as long as you make sure you keep some unis in your choices that ask for lower grades in case you don't get the top ones (I put 3 choices that asked for AAA/AAB and then 2 choices that I knew I'd definitely be able to get into). Which other subjects are your AS levels in? If one is a maths or science your chances are much better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest