The Student Room Group

Top 12 richest US universities

Here are the top 12 richest us universities by endowment fund(excluding systems):
Harvard University-$35.883 billion
Yale University-$23.9 billion
Stanford University-$24.446 billion
Princeton University-$20.996 billion
MIT-$12.425 billion
Northwestern University-$10.5 billion
University of Michigan-$10.05 billion
University of Notre Dame-$9.8 billion
University of Pennsylvania-$9.6 billion
Columbia University-$9.223 billion
University of Chicago-$7.5 billion
Duke University-$7 billion

As of June 2014
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you for your 15 month old data with no discussion point. Please excuse me while I do nothing with this information.
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

I think you should now go make a thread on the top 12 richest UK universities then move on to the EU because people don't have Google to search it up themselves.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lovinlife2
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

I think you should now go make a thread on the top 12 richest UK universities then move on to the EU because people don't have Google to search it up themselves.

You can't always find all the figures via google. Plus most people wouldn't bother searching. I also set up the wiki pages for UK and European university endowments that rarely get updated.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Thank you for your 15 month old data with no discussion point. Please excuse me while I do nothing with this information.

Man i love you, you live and comment by your name 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks, the list has been edited with those changes. On your other point, usually universities with big endowment fund tend to be along the very best in the united states and it counts as a measure of prestige I'm thinking of adding endowment per student too.
Reply 6
Almost all the universities I've listed are among the top 20 us schools, receive the highest research funds, are super selective, are major brand names. Money matters a huge endowment gives an institution a tremendous amount of freedom to operate. What's amazing is the rate of growth of these institution in terms of endowment. Soon Harvard could be worth $100 billion. If your your that rich your making it tough for your competition to keep up, don't get me wrong UC Berkeley and UCLA are major research unis with great reputations but there is no way they can keep up with these big boys. The only issue with ivies is their refusal to expand in terms of student number so as to minimize their acceptance rate and maintain their elite reputations.
(edited 8 years ago)
Columbia University was originally called Kings College. The reason for the change is obvious.

This may sound cynical, but a lot of where the huge endowments come from is wealthy parents buying admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending