The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Job while at uni?

Is it possible to have a part time job at University without it effecting your study? I think I would be able to cope without one it would just be nice to be earning some of my own money to try and cover living costs. Is it worth it?
Original post by JHafodJ
Is it possible to have a part time job at University without it effecting your study? I think I would be able to cope without one it would just be nice to be earning some of my own money to try and cover living costs. Is it worth it?

It definitely is possible! Loads of people have part time jobs whilst at uni. It may depend on how much free time you have outside lectures, for example engineering courses have more contact hours compared to some other courses. But many places will offer weekend hours or evening hours. There will also be jobs at the union advertised to work behind the bar, as a catering assistant in starbucks etc. On the Loughborough Career site they advertise the majority of art time work on offer in Loughborough if you're wondering what sort of roles are usually on offer.

Hope this helps!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending