The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Won't be surprised if we sell Coutinho - that's typical of us, sell our good players, buy potential **** players. We're going in circles not forwards.
The PSG thing certainly feels like a worrying halfway house. You imagine they'll tempt Coutinho. He's been with us since 2013 now, and played only one season in the CL. By the same token, he probably hasn't done enough to force the big, big move - to Real, Barcelona et al - so PSG would be a reasonable next destination for him. I certainly don't see him going anywhere else in England.
Original post by LFC_fan_321
Won't be surprised if we sell Coutinho - that's typical of us, sell our good players, buy potential **** players. We're going in circles not forwards.

No team likes selling their best players. But when the player wants to leave you cannot hold him prison!

I think coutinho has been contemplating about leaving for soo long now, he's fluctuation performance is a huge red flag that he doesnt wanna be here.

If we do sell him though I believe champions league football is something that we wont achieve for atleast the next 5 years.

The club needs ARABIC owners. :biggrin:

This thing that we're doing of trying to develop players instead of buying proven class is exactly how a top 8 team acts!

Had we wont the UEL things would be 100%. I mean even gotze would be here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The rumours around Gotze are worrying - not because they suggest he wants to stay at Bayern, but because they suggest he's holding out for a mega, mega move.
Not sure where Gotze could go though. He's not going to be wanted by Madrid or Barcelona as a starter. Anything else would be a backwards step in terms of team prestige.

I think he bought into his own hype :redface:
Original post by Bryci
Not sure where Gotze could go though. He's not going to be wanted by Madrid or Barcelona as a starter. Anything else would be a backwards step in terms of team prestige.

I think he bought into his own hype :redface:

Gotze apparently said that only Barca, Madrid or maybe Arsenal wouldn't be a step down from where he is now. Don't see Arsenal buying him, though. Hoping he gets desperate in August and decides to come to us :tongue:.
Good shout for Atletico that would be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7987
Atlético don't need him they have Koke and Griezmann who play the role he's likely to play there(Griezmann supporting striker, Koke creative midfielder) so he'd be surplus to requirements there too. They've also just bought Gaitan meaning no space for him on the flank.

He wouldn't start for them. He'd be good for Juve though.
Not liking the Coutinho links to PSG.

Yes we could receive £40-50m from the sale but I don't think we can use that money to get a worthwhile replacement.

Klopp is great but there's only so much pull he can have without European football.
There's no point selling Coutinho unless we can get a replacement of similar quality, and personally I don't think we can right now.

If we somehow sign Götze, then fair enough, but we all know that isn't happening and it would be so depressing to see us continually sell our best players (Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho).
Koeman now in talks with Everton over getting the Goodison Park job.

I thought Southampton were our feeder club?
Reply 7990
Would hate to be a southampton fan.

Reckon they'll get De Boer now.
ffs tickets to the Liverpool v Barca game are sold out :frown:

Also, PSG would have to pay over the odds for Coutinho, he's one of our most important players so he wouldn't go cheaply. I really hope he doesn't force a move.
Klopp also sold best players at BVB, that with the fact that we normally replace our best players with shite ones isn't looking good.
Original post by LFC_fan_321
Klopp also sold best players at BVB, that with the fact that we normally replace our best players with shite ones isn't looking good.

Who is "we" because you aren't a Liverpool fan mate :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
Who is "we" because you aren't a Liverpool fan mate :wink:

Think he's an Isambard dupe.
Gotze isn't going to get a mega move. His stock has fallen around Europe and Bayern won't sell that cheap.
Original post by Zerforax
Gotze isn't going to get a mega move. His stock has fallen around Europe and Bayern won't sell that cheap.

Maybe if he has a bad tournament, he'll settle for Liverpool :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
Maybe if he has a bad tournament, he'll settle for Liverpool :wink:

He wont start for Germany will he?

Agreed. But it's easy, when you're a footballer who is currently plying his trade at one of the three biggest clubs in Europe, to think otherwise.

What's more worrying is the fact that he'll probably settle for clubs the rung below Bayern - and that means Arsenal, Man United, PSG at the minute.

He wont start for Germany will he?

Nah I doubt it.
Original post by Mackay
Agreed. But it's easy, when you're a footballer who is currently plying his trade at one of the three biggest clubs in Europe, to think otherwise.

What's more worrying is the fact that he'll probably settle for clubs the rung below Bayern - and that means Arsenal, Man United, PSG at the minute.

Nah I doubt it.

Wonder if he sacked his agent for not sharing his belief?

I can't see Arsenal buying unless they were forced to sell Ozil or Sanchez. Already too many attacking midfield players? PSG would make sense especially if the link to Coutinho are true. Not sure if he's hard working enough for Mourinho? But they they will want big names so that could be true. Not sure if Man Utd are particularly doing any better than us at the moment though and Klopp might be able to convince him to move to us over them?

Latest