The Student Room Group

Need a new phone- advice much needed!

I'm after a new phone as mine is approaching death. Budget-wise, I'd prefer it to be £400 and below but can be swayed depending.

Things I'm after:

-long battery life
I haven't heard great things about the iphone 6 in terms of battery life

-good camera without the need to do too much post editing

-memory space ideally 32 to 64gb, happy to expand with an SD card but I'm aware this is slowly becoming a rarity amongst smartphones...

-4K videos not essential but I see it more as a bonus

-I have a mac so it does seem sensible to get an iphone but I honestly feel it's somewhat overpriced for what you're getting

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially from
Original post by jpow
I'm after a new phone as mine is approaching death. Budget-wise, I'd prefer it to be £400 and below but can be swayed depending.

Things I'm after:

-long battery life
I haven't heard great things about the iphone 6 in terms of battery life

-good camera without the need to do too much post editing

-memory space ideally 32 to 64gb, happy to expand with an SD card but I'm aware this is slowly becoming a rarity amongst smartphones...

-4K videos not essential but I see it more as a bonus

-I have a mac so it does seem sensible to get an iphone but I honestly feel it's somewhat overpriced for what you're getting

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially from @Gofre

The Moto X Play sounds like it ticks a lot of your boxes. It's £269 on Amazon or £279 bought through Moto Maker where you can fully customise the design of the phone, the battery life is excellent (I've used mine today for a couple of hours of music streaming and some moderate gaming while commuting to and from work, and then web browsing over 4G on and off throughout the day, and I got home at 6pm with 60% battery remaining), the camera is great and in good light conditions will match all but the very best cameras in the current iPhone and Galaxy S6/Note (although it only shoots 1080p).

Aside from that, any of the phones in the High Value section of my Smartphone Buyer's Guide could be worth looking into, with each having meeting some of your list of requirements and missing out on others.
Reply 2
Thanks! Really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending