The Student Room Group

My predictions are BBB can I get offers for ABB

Didn't do as well as I thought at as-level but not terrible either. I'm predicted BBB but I really want to go to exeter to study mechanical engineering which requires ABB. Have I got a chance of getting an offer?
you'd do better asking one of your teachers to raise your prediction, if you were not too far off at AS/something went wrong on the day and you're very persuasive about wanting a chance to get into this uni some teachers will raise your predicted grades to give you that chance
Reply 2
my teachers seem to be very strict with increasing predicted grades....
Original post by Gcselong
Didn't do as well as I thought at as-level but not terrible either. I'm predicted BBB but I really want to go to exeter to study mechanical engineering which requires ABB. Have I got a chance of getting an offer?

What are your AS grades?
Yes, universities will be aware that students can improve on their predicted grades in the second year so they will probably offer you a place regardless (95% sure). I got offered a place that was higher than my predicted before

Getting accepted is another question altogether though
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
What are your AS grades?

BBC
BBC

Not too great a disparity. Yes, you have a chance though obviously not as good as someone who is predicted ABB with AS grades to match

You probably have a shot if your PS is good too, but do consider that you need to be able to meet the offer.
Two important points :

Predicted grades - do NOT ask teachers to raise your predictions just so that you can get an offer. If you get an offer it will be for the required grades, not your predictions. And THAT is what that Uni will want on Results Day. If you know perfectly well that you wont get that, its a totally pointless exercise. Can you imagine getting your results and knowing that you are now not going to Uni while everyone else is? Teachers are not silly - no they aren't - they make realistic predictions based on your performance. They want the best for you - not tears and misery on Results Day.

Any course asking for A grades is mega-competitive. Whilst 'one grade below' may not matter at a Uni asking BBC, it will matter for an A grade course. LOTS of useful advice about How To Avoid 5 Rejections here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_Avoid_Getting_5_Rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending