The Student Room Group

UCAS Nationality/Fee Status

Hi!

I have a question regarding my fee status as an international student. My father is Swiss and my mother is Italian, and I've lived in Switzerland for the past 9 years. I have Swiss and Italian citizenship (Swiss passport and Italian ID, could apply for Italian passport as well).

I know that I qualify for Home/EU fee status since I've lived in Switzerland for over 3 years (which counts for some reason, even though it's neither in the EU nor the EEA) and am an EU citizen, but I was wondering whether I'm allowed to put "Swiss" as my first nationality and "Italian" as my dual nationality on my UCAS form. Would this impact my fee status? Would I have to put "Italian" as my primary nationality in order to qualify for Home/EU fees?

Original post by DanieleZ
Hi!

I have a question regarding my fee status as an international student. My father is Swiss and my mother is Italian, and I've lived in Switzerland for the past 9 years. I have Swiss and Italian citizenship (Swiss passport and Italian ID, could apply for Italian passport as well).

I know that I qualify for Home/EU fee status since I've lived in Switzerland for over 3 years (which counts for some reason, even though it's neither in the EU nor the EEA) and am an EU citizen, but I was wondering whether I'm allowed to put "Swiss" as my first nationality and "Italian" as my dual nationality on my UCAS form. Would this impact my fee status? Would I have to put "Italian" as my primary nationality in order to qualify for Home/EU fees?

It should be fine - as you've spotted "EU" fee status isn't just for EU nationals - it applies to citizens of the European Economic Area PLUS Switzerland: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Fees--finance/Home-or-Overseas-fees/England-Higher-Education/#6:-EEA/Swiss-workers,-and-family
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It should be fine - as you've spotted "EU" fee status isn't just for EU nationals - it applies to citizens of the European Economic Area PLUS Switzerland: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Fees--finance/Home-or-Overseas-fees/England-Higher-Education/#6:-EEA/Swiss-workers,-and-family

Great, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending