The Student Room Group

Can my daughter pay domestic tuition fee?

Hello there.

In 2026, my daughter will submit an application to the UK University for a Bachelor of Arts in Design or Psychology.

We have spent the last ten years working abroad as British nationals, but our permitted house is in the UK, however, my daughter followed us as well. We frequently return to the UK in the summer. We have a National Insurance number and pay UK tax annually (excluding salary income tax). Also, my daughter's medical problems are being treated locally through surgery when she needs it.
I am wondering if my daughter can pay the domestic tuition fee to a UK university as a domestic student rather than an international student fee.

Please, advise me.

Thank you.
Hi, from my own personal experience it depended on how much of a close inspection of the UCAS application is made by the institution. I had offers who considered me a “home” student and others who classed me as an “international” student. My application had a UK address for correspondence but my school reference was was from an International based school and my school history clearly showed I had been educated outside of the UK. This was many moons ago now.
I suspect that nowadays they are much more hot on this kind of thing and would say it’s probably in the T&C’s somewhere that they have the right to withdraw any offer is you deliberately try and mislead them.
Best advice would be to ensure that your daughter clarifies her fee status with the institution before firming any offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending