The Student Room Group

Civil Service Investigation/ Intelligence Officer Role

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Attercop
Yes, I was emailed that I was being given an O role too. I think you are right, we will probably all study common modules. There is so much more I would like to know about the role like what the training will be like etc, but I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Are there different levels? I presumed its either intelligence or investigative. My email just said 'for the role of officer in london'.

I too would like more info about the training, modules, medical etc

In my interview they said we will have to go on a course and be away from home up to 4 weeks. They also will give us a mentor who will help us.
Reply 181
Original post by Shaker45
Are there different levels? I presumed its either intelligence or investigative. My email just said 'for the role of officer in london'.

I too would like more info about the training, modules, medical etc

In my interview they said we will have to go on a course and be away from home up to 4 weeks. They also will give us a mentor who will help us.

They are both at O level, but the two roles are different, aren't they?

Oh, a mentor. That sounds good! I wasn't aware of that. I do know that we will have to go away for training, that could be exciting.

You also received an offer for the other role, too, right? :smile: In the other thread? Have you decided which one you like better?
They are both at O level, but the two roles are different, aren't they?

Oh, a mentor. That sounds good! I wasn't aware of that. I do know that we will have to go away for training, that could be exciting.

You also received an offer for the other role, too, right? :smile: In the other thread? Have you decided which one you like better?

Yes both roles are different. I'm currently watching youtube videos on how to apply handcuffs lol.

Yes the other role the offer was at O level. I've decided to go for the investigative/intelligence role. On the email it said I had to choose by 9th December. This role looks more interesting, with maybe more development opportunities. It needs more flexibility however we get an allowance. Do you have any particular preference for any role?

Someone already posted this but I found this link helpful in terms of what some of our duties could involve. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/chmanual/ch20000.htm
Do you think that they've sent emails to everyone who they wanted to offer a position to or do you think they have only sent some of them? I'm worried that no news is bad news
Reply 184
Original post by Shaker45
Yes both roles are different. I'm currently watching youtube videos on how to apply handcuffs lol.

Yes the other role the offer was at O level. I've decided to go for the investigative/intelligence role. On the email it said I had to choose by 9th December. This role looks more interesting, with maybe more development opportunities. It needs more flexibility however we get an allowance. Do you have any particular preference for any role?

Someone already posted this but I found this link helpful in terms of what some of our duties could involve. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/chmanual/ch20000.htm

Ah, nice choice! :smile: Yes, the allowance is an added bonus and the flexibility is fine for me because at the end of the day, it is still 37 hours per week. I don't mind what time the shifts are.

I really don't know which role I would like more but at the interview I learnt more about the investigation officer role and that sounds interesting. Either way, I wouldn't really mind! How about you? Which role would you like better?

Thanks for the link, I will have a look. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by sphid678
Do you think that they've sent emails to everyone who they wanted to offer a position to or do you think they have only sent some of them? I'm worried that no news is bad news

I'm sorry, I've no idea. Hopefully you will hear by tomorrow. :smile:
I'm sorry, I've no idea. Hopefully you will hear by tomorrow. :smile:

I hope so. Just getting impatient seeing everyone else get their offers haha
Original post by sphid678

Don't worry, it seems like they only just started sending out emails at the end of last week so it's literally only been a few days and they've got hundreds to send out. And remember to keep an open mind. I didn't walk out of my interview feeling like it went smoothly (felt like i missed out a lot due to nerves) so i think we're a lot harder on ourselves than we should be. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by NeedToFocus
Don't worry, it seems like they only just started sending out emails at the end of last week so it's literally only been a few days and they've got hundreds to send out. And remember to keep an open mind. I didn't walk out of my interview feeling like it went smoothly (felt like i missed out a lot due to nerves) so i think we're a lot harder on ourselves than we should be. Best of luck! :smile:

Aw thanks. Suppose we are in the same boat then. Where did you apply for?
Hi guys, this stream has been invaluable to me! I got a provisional offer for Cardiff on 4th Dec woohoo! Was wondering if any of you found out how to access your candidate ref (if they even exist)? Also I wasn't told we'd be expected to travel for the training, exciting though! Does anyone know where the training would be held?
Congrats Leo1994. I applied for Cardiff too but haven't heard a peep so I am thinking the worse. 😔
Thank you Fitsnabbit! As other people have said they've got 100s of people to notify, I was probably just one of the lucky few who got notified first! Good luck and let me know how it goes :smile:
Will do. Thanks Leo1994. Fingers crossed. 🙏 😀
Hi, a few questions hoping both successful and unsuccessful applicants can provide. Those who have an offer, did the status change from scheduled to first interview to application on hold to application being reviewed? How were you notified?

Has anyone actually been rejected? If so, did they send a rejection email?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Goingg crazy constantly refreshing here.
I applied for Newcastle and still haven't heard anything, which is quite frustrating after emailing the recruitment team directly and being told 4th-6th December. I just want putting out of my misery now!

In answer to the training query, I believe the training is held at the HMRC training college in Lincoln
Reply 195
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything for jobs in Leeds? I've been lurking on this thread for a while but haven't seen anyone mention it as their preferred location.

Also my status is still on 'Scheduled for 1st Interview' - hopefully this isn't a bad sign...
I don't think anyone has recieved any results since Friday, so I wouldn't worry! I haven't heard anything yet, along with a number of other people.
Try not to worry guys, they will eventually let us know either way :smile: there's nothing we can do but wait and see.
Reply 197
Ah well it's a relief that it's not just me waiting, thank you Jane0804. Just going mad now with the waiting. Also waiting for the tax professional result as well, although at least that one has changed to 'Application being reviewed'

Fingers crossed for everyone! :smile:
Original post by daltoja
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything for jobs in Leeds? I've been lurking on this thread for a while but haven't seen anyone mention it as their preferred location.

Also my status is still on 'Scheduled for 1st Interview' - hopefully this isn't a bad sign...

Hey there!

I don't think they have released any result from the Northern regions yet.

I know someone that had their Interview in Leeds on the last interview date and they were told not to expect to hear anything back until mid December as they were having some delays.

So. . . I wouldn't worry too much about it!
Reply 199
Original post by BadPotato
Hey there!

I don't think they have released any result from the Northern regions yet.

I know someone that had their Interview in Leeds on the last interview date and they were told not to expect to hear anything back until mid December as they were having some delays.

So. . . I wouldn't worry too much about it!

Ah thank you, that would explain why my status hasn't changed! More waiting for us northerners then :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending