The Student Room Group

Civil Service Investigation/ Intelligence Officer Role

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by mixeddamcer
Oh hello I've noticed that you post alot of info on HMRC which is very suspicious almost as if you are creeping abit on this forum and others. If you are not then fine, but if you are please find something more productive to do with your time.

?? I find the posts made by Crimniv informal and useful. They have pointed out that they previously worked in HMRC so it is good to get some informed information/opinions.

After applying for this post in September, Interviewing in October and receiving an offer nearly 2 months ago I would have gone mad without the information posted by crimniv and others.
Original post by JUWWI
?? I find the posts made by Crimniv informal and useful. They have pointed out that they previously worked in HMRC so it is good to get some informed information/opinions.

After applying for this post in September, Interviewing in October and receiving an offer nearly 2 months ago I would have gone mad without the information posted by crimniv and others.

I second that! Crimniv and others have been a blessing during this long wait!
Oh hello I've noticed that you post alot of info on HMRC which is very suspicious almost as if you are creeping abit on this forum and others. If you are not then fine, but if you are please find something more productive to do with your time.

I posted on this forum and particularly on this thread because I feel that my posts may be of value to others on here. I am a fomer HMRC employee and sitting on a provisional offer for the job this thread is for, so posting here made good sense to me.

I'm not quite sure what you find suspicious or mean by "creeping" but you are under no obligation to read or take note of anything I post on here. Others do seem to appreciate that the posts I make are based on a relatively good knowledge of what different roles in HMRC are likely to entail, so I intend to carry on being active on this forum and in particular this thread.

I do believe a troll has discovered this very informative and helpful thread. If trolls had tails I think this one has left our midst with theirs between their legs.

On a lighter note it appears that the checking process is well underway. My DBS is finally being processed, so hopefully there will be more positive news soon.
Original post by Lamplighter
I do believe a troll has discovered this very informative and helpful thread. If trolls had tails I think this one has left our midst with theirs between their legs.

On a lighter note it appears that the checking process is well underway. My DBS is finally being processed, so hopefully there will be more positive news soon.

Hello glad to hear your dbs is finally being processed.

I hope you don't mind me asking if you know when they received your application as I called them on Tuesday and they still hadn't received mine. Thanks in advance.
(edited 8 years ago)

Yep! My DBS was dispatched today and when I arrived home I had a letter from OH with instructions to fill out an online questionnaire.
I hope we will hear something soon...

In the meanwhile I'm sooo excited for those of you receiving formal offers tomorrow. Please share the joy of handing in your notice with us!!
Hi Ellbell,

According to DBS update checking online it was checked and verified on Tuesday 26th Jan, has been processed and is now in the queue for printing. I appreciate how frustrating the waiting can be, but I hope knowing that the process is in motion offers some encouragement.
Original post by Lamplighter
Hi Ellbell,

According to DBS update checking online it was checked and verified on Tuesday 26th Jan, has been processed and is now in the queue for printing. I appreciate how frustrating the waiting can be, but I hope knowing that the process is in motion offers some encouragement.

Thanks so much for getting back to me as it really does offer some encouragement. Hope your formal offer comes through soon.
Original post by Ellbell5
Thanks so much for getting back to me as it really does offer some encouragement. Hope your formal offer comes through soon.

You're welcome. I hope you soon receive some good news.
Reply 589
Thanks to those who have informed us that we get a call from an 0300 number to talk about start dates etc. I've been keeping my phone glued to me at all times....earlier this morning the doorbell rang so I went to deal with that, and when I came back I had a missed call from an 0300 number - I'm guessing it was them! Just typical that the one moment I'm away from my phone, I miss a really important call!!

I've tried to call back but it gets cut off every time - I assume it's setup up not to receive calls, just to make them. Hopefully they'll ring back!
Just got my formal offer now
Original post by Shaker45
Just got my formal offer now

Congrats! Does it say what you need to do next or any details of the training?
Reply 592
Original post by Catherine4519
I hope it is. Out of interest what's the date your dbs was printed? I'm stressed because mine was printed on 19th and I'm yet to hear back even though it's clear!

Mine was also printed on the 19th. Hopefully we'll hear today or early next week!
Reply 593
My formal offer just came through. The position is as an Investigation Officer based at Customs House London.

The offer information states "that the main terms and conditions will be set out in your contract of employment which will be handed to you on your arrival"

I look forward to seeing the rest of the London cohort at 10am at Customs House on the 29th February!
hello all,
I got a provisional offer for this job in London in December and have been doing my nut the past few weeks hoping for a start date, solid confirmation, despite sending off a few emails I've received nothing but vague replies about the end of January. I've just found this board, does anyone have a contact I can ring or email as I've found it very difficult to communicate with this lot??
Reply 595
A quick update for anyone still waiting, I called DBS again today to see if they had received my application and I was told they had just received it this morning. I am envisaging that my start date will now be pushed into March, but at least there is progress.
Original post by Codders1
Congrats! Does it say what you need to do next or any details of the training?

This is for London, custom house. I start on the 29th Febuary. I have to email acceptence and accept on the civil service job page. They also said a couple more forms will be sent to me after they receive acceptence. Bank details, p45 n n.i number is to be given on our first day.
how is it possible for them to only start processing them now!? I despair. Did anyones references get contacted?
(edited 8 years ago)
I got my formal offer today as well for Newcastle which is great news. It states that it is an Investigation Officer whereas I opted for Intelligence in interview and although I'm not disappointed, it has left me wondering though how they have decided who does which role as I thought I would get my choice after scoring so highly in interview.
thanks for your useless self-congratulatory post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending