The Student Room Group

Civil Service Investigation/ Intelligence Officer Role

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Criminv is your status for Nottingham still provisional offer?
Still waiting....
Original post by bwzmgb
Criminv is your status for Nottingham still provisional offer?

It is. I will keep you posted as soon as it changes.
Just phoned DBS and there's no record of an application being made to them.

I'm so angry, my daughter has lost her place at nursery because of the wait and I have no idea what I'm going to do now. All the nurseries and childminders are full so I'm ****ed now.
That's so **** gym bunny, you're not the only one, this process has been incredibly stress inducing. I feel like we all deserve a beano to Lincoln or wherever the training centre is after these last few months. There doesn't seem to have been much acknowledgement that people have lives and need to plan.
Tell me about the frustration.
My current job there are redundancies taking place and if I had a start date it would not only relieve stress for me, it would also help my current work colleagues as it will be one less redundancy to worry about and less competition for jobs.
It's like an everyday routine for me now. Check emails, check civil service website and finally check the forum see if anybody has an update.
I just checked the civil service website and my checks have now been completed. I had emailed them asking what the delay was and they asked me to provide proof of address again.
Have you tried the criminvrecruitment email address? @Gymbunny @Aaarrrggghhh When I called the number on the vacancy advert that's where they sent me to..
Hey guys, I've just had my call about a start date and thought I'd give my timeline in case it helps anyone. Sounds like everyone has had completely different experiences, but just in case it helps:

4/12/15 - Provisional offer online
26/1 - called DBS, no record of me on their system
28/1 - DBS issued - Emailed about providing overseas details (reference/VISA)
30/1 - DBS arrived
8/2 - emailed about providing 2 further references
13/2 - Pre-employment checks complete
17/2 - Call from an 0300 number to confirm start date (because I don't have to give notice, they offered me the first available start date of the 7th of March in London)

I noticed everyone seems to be asked for slightly different things, so hopefully this helps anyone who's worried! Good luck, not too much longer to go for all of us now!!
Reply 789
Original post by LizzieL92
Hey guys, I've just had my call about a start date and thought I'd give my timeline in case it helps anyone. Sounds like everyone has had completely different experiences, but just in case it helps:

4/12/15 - Provisional offer online
26/1 - called DBS, no record of me on their system
28/1 - DBS issued - Emailed about providing overseas details (reference/VISA)
30/1 - DBS arrived
8/2 - emailed about providing 2 further references
13/2 - Pre-employment checks complete
17/2 - Call from an 0300 number to confirm start date (because I don't have to give notice, they offered me the first available start date of the 7th of March in London)

I noticed everyone seems to be asked for slightly different things, so hopefully this helps anyone who's worried! Good luck, not too much longer to go for all of us now!!

Congrats ! What time did they call?
Hi,

Although we are all at different stages, I thought this might be helpful for those like me who are still waiting for the call regarding a start date.

I have just sent an email asking if there is anything causing a delay in the call for the start date (e.g. further information/documents needed) as my pre employment checks were complete 31/01 and I have not heard anything since....

Once they email back I'll post the response here...

I hope this helps
Original post by bs23
Congrats ! What time did they call?

Thank you!! Called around twenty to three this afternoon.
This was the time I've had missed calls from them before, so at least I've known what time of day to be sat staring at my phone.
Reply 792
Original post by LizzieL92
Thank you!! Called around twenty to three this afternoon.
This was the time I've had missed calls from them before, so at least I've known what time of day to be sat staring at my phone.

Haha- my pre employment checks passed on the same day, hopefully I'm not too far away from the call.
Just received "the call". Start date of 21/03. No further details were given, other that an email will be sent shortly with further detail. I think I'll wait for the email before I hand in my notice, but will type it up ready. At laaaast!!!!:bigsmile:
Congrats!! 😁
Thanks Codders1, you should be getting your call soon. Fingers crossed for you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aragbusa
Thanks Codders1, you should be getting your call soon. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! If not this week then hopefully next!
Just received "the call". Start date of 21/03. No further details were given, other that an email will be sent shortly with further detail. I think I'll wait for the email before I hand in my notice, but will type it up ready. At laaaast!!!!:bigsmile:

I bet you are so happy! Congrats! Hope the rest of us hear soon... hang in there everyone the end is in sight I'm sure of it! Lol xx
Thanks Steph000. Yes. I'm pleased. Just got the formal offer via email. Will be reporting to S.M at Custom House, London on the day.Anyone else resuming at Custom House? The role offered was Investigation Officer. I don't think anyone has been offered the Intelligence role yet. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I wonder what the selection criteria is.

Hang on is there, all those waiting to here back. It will happen soon. 25/02 is just around the corner!
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks Steph000. Yes. I'm pleased. Just got the formal offer via email. Will be reporting to Susan Mitchell at Custom House, London on the day.Anyone else resuming at Custom House? The role offered was Investigation Officer. I don't think anyone has been offered the Intelligence role yet. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I wonder what the selection criteria is.

Hang on is there, all those waiting to here back. It will happen soon. 25/02 is just around the corner!

What happens on 25/02?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending