The Student Room Group

Civil Service Investigation/ Intelligence Officer Role

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jspri
The training assessment period is divided as follows:

You get booked on a residential training course that can be in a number of places around the country for example my residential course is booked for Newcastle at the beginning of April and this is for 3 weeks. You then return to your home office for a week (London in my case) and then you go on a final week residential for final assessment this week for me will be in Lincoln.

A month before your residential training starts you are given a learning pack that you will need to work through and complete before you start your residential training. I got my pack on Monday and I 'm now starting to work through it.

How soon you get booked on your residential course all depends on what courses are available and how lucky you are. I was incredibly lucky that I got on a course pretty much straight away after starting but some people can go a few months after starting before they get on a course.

All I would suggest is if you get offered a place accept it straight away as the sooner you complete your training assessment period the quicker you can actually do what you have been employed to do.

Thanks Jspri, very helpful information. That puts everything into perspective
Any more news from those still waiting?
Reply 982
No nothing, phoned last week. They took my details to pass on, but still no response after two e-mails.
Original post by louis7
No nothing, phoned last week. They took my details to pass on, but still no response after two e-mails.

are you waiting for a London place too? I feel like they've moved on to other recruitment campaigns and forgotten about us.
Reply 984
No Midlands post! The person I spoke to said the recruitment team are overwhelmed! My checks haven't been done either!
Reply 985
No news for me, still on provisional offer, I wonder how other campaigns are going on, There where the hidden economy jobs not long after our campaign but can't find a forum for them.
Original post by louis7
No Midlands post! The person I spoke to said the recruitment team are overwhelmed! My checks haven't been done either!

Wow! I do hope things get sorted soon for you. Let me know if you hear anything x
Original post by bwzmgb
No news for me, still on provisional offer, I wonder how other campaigns are going on, There where the hidden economy jobs not long after our campaign but can't find a forum for them.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3870003&page=4&p=63203013#post63203013
Hidden economy thread is here... Looks like they're just starting to get their formal offers...
Reply 988
Even more annoying, their close date for applications was end of December, let alone ours was September, what's your current status codders? Thanks for the link
Original post by bwzmgb
Even more annoying, their close date for applications was end of December, let alone ours was September, what's your current status codders? Thanks for the link

I know... I feel like the dregs at the bottom of the barrel but it's even more shocking to hear those who haven't had their employment checks complete yet 😞. My current status is checks complete - it's been like that for a month now...
Reply 990
Original post by Codders1
I know... I feel like the dregs at the bottom of the barrel but it's even more shocking to hear those who haven't had their employment checks complete yet 😞. My current status is checks complete - it's been like that for a month now...

Yeah To be honest I would sooner be waiting with an all checks complete then a provisional offer like I have. Just that extra bit of comfort knowing everything ok. And when you email you just get a generic response of please be patient. I'm waiting for Nottingham. Think there's only 3 of us on here. One has a start date and one is same position as me. I'd love to know how they are sorting through
Original post by bwzmgb
Yeah To be honest I would sooner be waiting with an all checks complete then a provisional offer like I have. Just that extra bit of comfort knowing everything ok. And when you email you just get a generic response of please be patient. I'm waiting for Nottingham. Think there's only 3 of us on here. One has a start date and one is same position as me. I'd love to know how they are sorting through

Yep I agree with you. I feel like I'm the only one left waiting for a start date in London. I also know how agonising it felt waiting for checks to complete - in the end it was because they needed proof of address again. But I think we're going to worry at every stage until we're actually in the job. I think I'd find it a bit easier if they just communicated a bit more...
Let's hope the wait isn't much longer for us all..
It's been tough.
I was provisionally offered the job in December and got email this morning saying I didn't meet the educational requirements. I told them can't understand why as I provided my GCSE and A-Levels certificates but seem to have not received anything. Worse part is when I gave them copies I even asked for some sort of receipt that I have handed them in and they said don't worry we will send it off.
So I have emailed CSR asking please help me. As they probably have loads of candidates and reserve lists I hope they don't just fob me off as that would be torture been waiting since December and have been chasing up regularly for this to happen.
Original post by Aaarrrggghhh
It's been tough.
I was provisionally offered the job in December and got email this morning saying I didn't meet the educational requirements. I told them can't understand why as I provided my GCSE and A-Levels certificates but seem to have not received anything. Worse part is when I gave them copies I even asked for some sort of receipt that I have handed them in and they said don't worry we will send it off.
So I have emailed CSR asking please help me. As they probably have loads of candidates and reserve lists I hope they don't just fob me off as that would be torture been waiting since December and have been chasing up regularly for this to happen.

Oh my days! I'm so sorry, that must be a nightmare. I hope they sort it out - surely you'd have grounds to appeal/complain if they try to fob you off?
Reply 994
I've had confirmation of all my checks being completed :smile: finally moving along
Original post by bwzmgb
I've had confirmation of all my checks being completed :smile: finally moving along

I hope you get that call soon!
Reply 996
Original post by Codders1
I hope you get that call soon!

Thanks, you too
Anybody on here going in to Salford on wednesday?
Anymore good news?
Reply 999
Original post by chrismac99
Anybody on here going in to Salford on wednesday?

Hi Chris, im due to start in salford but i still dont have my start dates. When did you get you offer and start dates? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending