The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Anyone's who is at York uni or is going there what offer did you get?

I really want to go to York university to do politics, but I'm worried I won't get an offer, the entry requirements on the website are AAB. I got ABB at AS-level and I'm predicted ABB for A-level but I'm hoping I can get AAB. What offers did everyone get? were they lower than what was advertised on the website? thanks
Original post by hannahtaylor13
I really want to go to York university to do politics, but I'm worried I won't get an offer, the entry requirements on the website are AAB. I got ABB at AS-level and I'm predicted ABB for A-level but I'm hoping I can get AAB. What offers did everyone get? were they lower than what was advertised on the website? thanks

Hi there,

The Department of Politics evaluate every application on an individual basis rather than relying only on predicted grades. We look at the trajectory, i.e. their past grades, their predicted grades but we also look at the reference and the personal statement.

I would advise you to pay close attention to the statement explaining to us why you want to study politics.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Sofia Vasilopoulou
Admissions Tutor for Politics
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending