The Student Room Group

Advise on applying to NHS STP Neurophysiology

Hi. New to the website but heard this is the place for advice... :smile:

I'm quite keen on applying for the NHS STP in Jan to go into neurophysiology but I don't know anybody who's gone into this route.

Would be great to get thoughts / info from people about:
(1) the background / experiences of people going into neurophys, and
(2) what the actual STP training is like on a day-to-day, number of procedures you're actually involved with, amount of supervision etc?

And any other info that might be interesting for someone who plans to apply!

Thanks!
Original post by dr_nugget
Hi. New to the website but heard this is the place for advice... :smile:

I'm quite keen on applying for the NHS STP in Jan to go into neurophysiology but I don't know anybody who's gone into this route.

Would be great to get thoughts / info from people about:
(1) the background / experiences of people going into neurophys, and
(2) what the actual STP training is like on a day-to-day, number of procedures you're actually involved with, amount of supervision etc?

And any other info that might be interesting for someone who plans to apply!

Thanks!

Hey, I'm new here too I've been looking into that to, but haven't found much information about it though :frown: I even emailed Dr Robert Farley who is the Healthcare Science Programme Director; he directed me to this website ...

http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/education-and-training/by-discipline/healthcare-science/all-healthcare-science/clinical-scientists.aspx

and stated that he does not know the numbers, specialty or location yet!
Hopefully we will hear something soon.
Hi!
I'm also thinking of applying! Though I don't know if i'd have any success :P
My undergrad was in Medical Neuroscience and my masters that I am doing now is in cognitive Neuroscience, and I'm getting some experience using EEG for my masters dissertation, but I'm not sure it would be enough!
I have found it hard to find information about the course, so currently googling frantically and asking online if I know anyone who has done it to talk to them!
Good luck!
Reply 3
Hi, did anyone here end up being successful in getting a place in Neurophysiology on the NHS STP? And if so do you have any advise and tips on applications/interviews? and experiences in day-to-day working life? Any information would be amazing, thanks!
Reply 4
Hi! I (OP) didn't apply in the end... sorry! But... my partner is in final year of STP (not neurophys but genetics) and has absolutely loved it. Best of luck!
Reply 5
I've applied and been longlisted so fingers crossed!
Reply 6
hi! did you manage to get on the course? (sorry if i'm being intrusive, I'm planning to apply for 2020)

Quick Reply

Latest