The Student Room Group

QUICK Q regarding uni letters.

hey guys, u know how everyone says ( and i agree with this from my own expewriences ) that for interview / rejection stage , if the letter is thick it generally means uve got an interview because theylle put health forms , crb and stuff with ur invite letter.

now after ur interviews what the case with thge offer/ rejection letters. when u guys have got ur med offers have they mean thick letters if so what supplementary sheets do they give at this stage , becoz for liverpool u hand in crb etc before ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
asjad_03
hey guys, u know how everyone says ( and i agree with this from my own expewriences ) that for interview / rejection stage , if the letter is thick it generally means uve got an interview because theylle put health forms , crb and stuff with ur invite letter.

now after ur interviews what the case with thge offer/ rejection letters. when u guys have got ur med offers have they mean thick letters if so what supplementary sheets do they give at this stage , becoz for liverpool u hand in crb etc before ?

With respect to offer letters I've received, they usually come in an A4 sized envelope as the medical school sometimes encloses accommodation info, application forms for bursaries etc. They're not necessarily thick envelopes but most offers usually come in A4 sized envelopes.

Good luck with waiting for a reply.
Reply 2
British Bulldog
With respect to offer letters I've received, they usually come in an A4 sized envelope as the medical school sometimes encloses accommodation info, application forms for bursaries etc. They're not necessarily thick envelopes but most offers usually come in A4 sized envelopes.

Good luck with waiting for a reply.

thnx for the info man . but ive just had a rejection from keele w/o int and that was just the one page , so im assuming offers are usually more than the mandatory 1 page saying we want u - there will be other stuff as uve mentioned ?
Reply 3
My offer from BSMS came in a small envelope i.e. one A4 sheet folded in three. I was dreading opening it because I thought that it was a rejection based on the size - I thought if it was an offer, it'd be a much thicker envelope.

Some uni's don't send out health forms and stuff until you put them down as your firm or insurance therefore their offer letters will be a similar size to their rejection letters
In fact, BSMS' rejection letter is much thicker because it has lists of alternative courses one can be considered for!
Reply 5
My Cardiff offer last year was a small, thin letter...I was absolutely petrified and didn't really want to open it (especially since I thought we were going to hear via Track, and mine was just blank!). The CRB and Health forms followed a couple of weeks later.
Whereas for Imperial, the letter was in an A4 envelope, and quite thick (I forget exactly what was in it!)

So, it could be either really! Good luck:smile:
Reply 6
Philosoraptor
In fact, BSMS' rejection letter is much thicker because it has lists of alternative courses one can be considered for!

The evil fiends!
Reply 7
My offer letter was thin, and my rejection letter was thick.
Reply 8
Philosoraptor

it doesn't mean u have once been rejected by BSMS for u to know that is it :p:
Reply 9
Philosoraptor

that really gets on my wick ! keele gave a list of other course and really ive applied to do medicine and thats what i want to do , so i felt like saying u can take this list and shove it where the sun dont shine !!:mad:
asjad_03
that really gets on my wick ! keele gave a list of other course and really ive applied to do medicine and thats what i want to do , so i felt like saying u can take this list and shove it where the sun dont shine !!:mad:

yeah uea said they would automatically pass my form to their science department, and I felt similar to you lol. Fair enough if they ask if I wanted my form passed on, but I dont. My two offers and two rejections where all thin. I heard about pms on track, so I knew what the letter was when I got it, but when I got the thin hyms letter I was so sure it was a rejection, and gutted cos its my first choice, but then it was an offer. Wooo. So dont worry too much about the size of the envelope, it doesnt mean much.
Reply 11
Marvi
yeah uea said they would automatically pass my form to their science department, and I felt similar to you lol. Fair enough if they ask if I wanted my form passed on, but I dont. My two offers and two rejections where all thin. I heard about pms on track, so I knew what the letter was when I got it, but when I got the thin hyms letter I was so sure it was a rejection, and gutted cos its my first choice, but then it was an offer. Wooo. So dont worry too much about the size of the envelope, it doesnt mean much.

congrats on ur offers .
Reply 12
asjad_03
congrats on ur offers .

The thing is most medical schools tend to send their offers in A4 sized envelopes. I think I'm right in saying that you applied to Leeds? I know that they send their offers in A4 sized envelopes. Some universities may send thin letters in small envelopes to make you even more worried but they're just scaremongerers if you ask.

Look out for A4 envelopes with the relevant postmark.
asjad_03
congrats on ur offers .

why dont u just read the damned letter!!!
shatteredmedic

My thoughts exactly!! :biggrin:
shatteredmedic

Haha... to be fair, I don't think you can always tell what it is by the envelope. Leeds interview came in a small thin envelope, Manchester interview came in a big A4 envelope and UEA interview came in a medium sized envelope! Sheffield rejection came in a big thick envelope packed full of useless crap - despite already doing a pharmacology degree, sheffield decided to send me a letter offering me a place on their biomed course :rolleyes:
Reply 17
theatrical
Sheffield rejection came in a big thick envelope packed full of useless crap - despite already doing a pharmacology degree, sheffield decided to send me a letter offering me a place on their biomed course :rolleyes:

I guess it's the thought that counts?.............:rolleyes:
Reply 18
Yes, just open the envelope. You will soon find out whether it is a rejection or not!

I remember a lot of fun in the Cambridge forum before I found out the outcome of my application where people debated what thickness of letter meant. You can't predict it.

I remember King's sent stuff in A4 envelopes the whole time, I can't even remember what UCL's looked like.
Reply 19
theatrical
Sheffield rejection came in a big thick envelope packed full of useless crap - despite already doing a pharmacology degree, sheffield decided to send me a letter offering me a place on their biomed course :rolleyes:

atleast they wrote you a letter - they just rejected me over track! lol

Latest

Trending

Trending