The Student Room Group

How hard are these A-levels?

Hi there. So I am debating on what a-levels I want to take next year and wanted to know how hard the following subjects are. I'm taking Biology and Psychology (AS + A2) this year and definitely Maths, RE, Business Studies next year.

The subjects I wanted to know about (how hard they are) are :-
- Business Studies
- RE
- Chemistry
- Comp Sci
- Critical Thinking
- Citizenship studies
- Global Development
- Economics
- Health and Social Care
- General Studies
- Classical Civilisation
- Environmental Studies
- Law
- Human Biology
- Ancient History
- History of Art
- Sociology
- Anthropology
- Marine Sciences

Sorry if I included one twice. I'd also be thankful if you could include how much you revised for it and what you got. Thanks a lot! :-)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

anything with studies at the end is easy as piss. Aany traditional subjects which include all core subjects you've done from first year (sciences,math English, geog history, languages, religion etc) are gonna be the hardest. All the rest are in between. Use your common sense though, just because "Textiles" doesn't have studies after it, doesn't mean it's not a ****ty subject..cause it is. Your welcome.
Original post by Xerxesisx
Hi there. So I am debating on what a-levels I want to take next year and wanted to know how hard the following subjects are. I'm taking Biology and Psychology (AS + A2) this year and definitely Maths, RE, Business Studies next year.

The subjects I wanted to know about (how hard they are) are :-
- Business Studies
- RE
- Chemistry
- Comp Sci
- Critical Thinking
- Citizenship studies
- Global Development
- Economics
- Health and Social Care
- General Studies
- Classical Civilisation
- Environmental Studies
- Law
- Human Biology
- Ancient History
- History of Art
- Sociology
- Anthropology
- Marine Sciences

Sorry if I included one twice. I'd also be thankful if you could include how much you revised for it and what you got. Thanks a lot! :-)

Bit of a strange question, but ok.

I've done Biology (got an A*) and can say it's almost all about exam technique and memorizing processes. The key is to select key parts of the textbook to revise thoroughly and constantly redo past papers until you get the technique right. It's not so much about what you say as how you say it.

Chemistry I did ok in (B), it's generally viewed as the hardest A level. So good luck if you take it!

General studies is a joke and isn't counted by any university that I know of.

Quick Reply

Latest