The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

I applied on October 1st and I just received an offer from Manchester today for Psychology! :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by TTWNGCBC
For which course? And when did they apply?

This friend would be me! I applied to psychology on the 8th of October :biggrin:
Reply 22
Where from: Liverpool
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Psychology, RS, General Studies, EPQ (Chemistry dropped at AS)
AS/A2 grades: AAAAC
Course applying for: Psychology

Received my offer today after applying four days ago :smile:
I applied on the 6th so fingers crossed I will hear back soon!
Reply 24
I applied on the 6th so fingers crossed I will hear back soon!

Good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Padc
Where from: London
AS subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Critical Thinking, History (Dropped History and CT)
AS Grades: AAAAAB
Course: Physics and Astronomy

Chose Manchester to see Brian Cox of course :biggrin:
Got my interview on the 22nd October, bit nervous :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya! I'm applying for (astro)physics ^_^ Brian Cox haha we watched his videos in physics class and mmmmm that accent though!! Where else are you applying? :smile: and best of luck with your interview!

Where from: United States
AP Subjects: Calc AB (5) and BC, Stats, Bio (4), Chem, Physics 1 (3!! I wonder if that's like an auto-rejection :frown: ) and 2, Microecon (4), World History (5), English Language (5).
SAT: 2110

Good luck to you all!!
Where from: Somerset
AS subjects: Biology,psychology, chemistry and maths
AS Grades: AACE
Course: Biomedical science (nervously awaiting a reply)
Original post by oswalds
Where from: Birmingham
AS/A2 subjects: History, English Literature, Philosophy (Psychology and General Studies dropped at AS)
AS/A2 grades: AAABA in that order.
Course applying for: History

I'd originally planned on applying at Nottingham, but after the open day I hated it so I decided to look at Manchester instead, and loved it as soon as I walked in :love:

I'm applying for philosophy but this is the same as me! I was going to apply for Nottingham but after attending the open day I was really put off - Manchester seems much more friendly.

And we're doing the same subjects! Are you doing AQA philosophy?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Regulus
Hiya! I'm applying for (astro)physics ^_^ Brian Cox haha we watched his videos in physics class and mmmmm that accent though!! Where else are you applying? :smile: and best of luck with your interview!

Where from: United States
AP Subjects: Calc AB (5) and BC, Stats, Bio (4), Chem, Physics 1 (3!! I wonder if that's like an auto-rejection :frown: ) and 2, Microecon (4), World History (5), English Language (5).
SAT: 2110

Good luck to you all!!

Haha, it's a fantastic accent :biggrin: I also applied to Cambridge, Durham, Imperial and UCL :smile:

Are you coming over from the states to do an interview, or do they do a Skype chat or something?

Thanks man, good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for philosophy!
ABB!
So happy!
Reply 30
Original post by Padc
Haha, it's a fantastic accent :biggrin: I also applied to Cambridge, Durham, Imperial and UCL :smile:

Are you coming over from the states to do an interview, or do they do a Skype chat or something?

Thanks man, good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow we're applying for all of the same unis!! :biggrin: it'll be fun haha. Yeah I think Manchester gives Skype interviews for international applicants, but I kind of wanted to actually go to England :P

Let us know how it goes :smile:
ABB!
So happy!

Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
ABB!
So happy!

Well done!! :biggrin:
Original post by ChloeNR
Well done!! :biggrin:

Original post by katrina_monk

Thank you!
Original post by ChloeNR
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Psychology, RS, General Studies, EPQ (Chemistry dropped at AS)

Well done to you too!
Reply 35
Well done to you too!

Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by ChloeNR

Congratulations you! I'm waiting to hear back from Manchester, changed my Psychology course into Cognitive Neuroscience with Psychology!
Reply 37
Original post by jaseho98
Congratulations you! I'm waiting to hear back from Manchester, changed my Psychology course into Cognitive Neuroscience with Psychology!

Thank you! Oh wow, I was considering applying to the cognitive neuroscience with psychology course at one point because it sounds so good! best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 38
Also now aware of someone who has an offer for Modern History & Politics
Reply 39
Original post by miacat
Also now aware of someone who has an offer for Modern History & Politics

Yours is coming any day now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending