The Student Room Group

What was the best A-level you took and why?

I'm pretty unsure as to what A-levels to take, so I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. What was the best A-level you took and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AS - computing

because i enjoyed it - it was fun, not too hard (didn't do the GCSE, had like no knowledge about computers other than an A* at ICT GCSE - unrelated btw) idk about A2 though! feels much harder with the coursework and that. Although i know with the new A-level it has gotten much harder apparently (well according to my teachers) so wouldn't recommend if you're not willing to actually put effort in :P

forgot to say i got a pretty high B, and the exam was so BLOODY hard (got As all year too) screwed me over
-_-
Original post by rachelhart
I'm pretty unsure as to what A-levels to take, so I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. What was the best A-level you took and why?

English Literature!

Contrary to popular belief, it's not reading 1000 books per year, but maybe 6/7. You have a lot of freedom in what to explore, and it gives you a chance to be creative. Writing a good essay is the most rewarding thing, something you've created out of something creative!
Reply 3

Further Maths :h:

Yep, I'm a nerd, and I love maths - just so satisfying doing harder maths and only having a class of 4.
Economics-

Forced me to look at the raw economic data and then discern an opinion from that. I was also more able to take out the rhetoric during the GE so it was useful
Art!

It's something I love doing, so never really felt like work for me :smile:
Reply 6
Biology, I got to **** around with a pig heart. Didn't make it to Uni though, where apparently you move on to the mouth. Evening, Prime Minister.
I adored sociology!

I didn't intend to take it but a couple of weeks in I realised that I wasn't enjoying history at all so swapped. Loved it :smile:
Original post by Tank Girl
Art!

It's something I love doing, so never really felt like work for me :smile:

:five: i actually feel guilty when doing art homework and my sketchbook as it just feels like i'm not working :biggrin:
German, because it's the only thing I'm wearing on the gold chain around my neck when I go to school.
Original post by AH127
Biology, I got to **** around with a pig heart. Didn't make it to Uni though, where apparently you move on to the mouth. Evening, Prime Minister.

i hope we don't have to do that again this year :s-smilie: we did it for GCSE and the smell of 20 pig hearts being sliced open in a windowless small room was rather vile :puke:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
German, because it's the only thing I'm wearing on the gold chain around my neck when I go to school.

I also spit bars in German too.
Politics

piss easy and my teacher is funny
Reply 13
Out of all mine, Maths. I love maths period, so the more maths the merrier.
Geology

I found geology to be the most interesting and it was the subject I did best in :h:
Chemistry because I had a really good teacher and I could understand the material pretty easily.
English was great, but go for the things you love doing now because its a lot easier to work hard for something you actually enjoy
Original post by Leviathan1741
Geology

I found geology to be the most interesting and it was the subject I did best in :h:

ooh that sounds interesting to be fair! :biggrin:

@Plagioclase
i feel such a fraud on this thread :biggrin: i have only been doing AS for a month :rofl:

Psychology was hands down the best A Level I took. It was so so so so interesting and great and the content is quite easy to learn because its so interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest