The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxford and grades

Hello, I am considering choosing an Oxford college as one of my choices, to apply to PPE, but at the moment it doesn't look good.

I got CAACBBBBB for GCSE and currently have BBC for A-level.
I am in my gap year right now and will be resitting some units in my B (Maths) and C (English).
Despite my GCSE', this could potentially result in an A*BA which is equivalent to the AAA requirement of the course.
I suppose I did not attend the best secondary school, so I could write about that.
I am very passionate about PPE and I have have been working very hard on my PS to show this, and all the relevant texts I have been studying.

What I want to know is, even though it isn't likely, if I should spend one of my choices on an Oxford college, for the slightest chance of getting a conditional, as ever since I went to an open day it has been a dream of mine.

Thanks, Jamie.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JayWalls
Hello, I am considering choosing an Oxford college as one of my choices, to apply to PPE, but at the moment it doesn't look good.

I got CAACBBBBB for GCSE and currently have BBC for A-level.
I am in my gap year right now and will be resitting some units in my B (Maths) and C (English).
Despite my GCSE', this could potentially result in an A*BA which is equivalent to the AAA requirement of the course.
I suppose I did not attend the best secondary school, so I could write about that.
I am very passionate about PPE and that is why I want the best education for it.

What I want to know is, even though it isn't likely, if I should spend one of my choices on an Oxford college, for the slightest chance of getting a conditional, as ever since I went to an open day it has been a dream of mine.

Thanks, Jamie.

Sorry, but A*AB is not equivalent to AAA - Oxford doesn't use UCAS points so as far as they're concerned, you will have missed the standard offer if you get A*AB. Unless there's a chance of you getting AAA or above then it's simply not worth applying because they're not going to give you a place. There really isn't a lot of leniency here because you've got to remember that there are many, many applicants who are passionate about the course and have done lots of reading and also have the necessary grades (often, much more than just the standard offer).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending