The Student Room Group

what does he want

I'll call one guy X and the other Y to make it simpler.

So there's this guy called X who asked for my number a year and a half ago (well he got his friend Y to ask me). I said no & told him I have a bf when I didn't. Then recently X got Y to ask for my number again and I agreed and X called me the same night I gave my number.That night Y texted me saying he got my number off X and wanted to take me out. I told Y I'm really busy and can't meet but I'm just not attracted to him. I find X really hot but Y isn't my type. X asked me if I talk to other guys and I told him that his friend texted me. Then that night when X called me he sounded really annoyed so I asked if he's ok and he said he was annoyed but doesn't know if he can trust me enough to talk about it. Ever since that conversation the texts got shorter and he stopped calling as much.

So a few days later X called me and Y took the phone off him and said that X wanted to take me on a date and that I'd be his mrs soon. Then X took the phone and was talking about the places we could go. He also said he'd bring Y along and that I should also bring a friend. I said I'd prefer it if it was just us two.Recently X rescheduled the date then the day before we were supposed to meet I asked him what we'll be doing and he said he'd call to plan it but didn't. Then I got angry and said 'are we meeting or not because I want to know if I should make other plans'. Then he said we're not meeting and that he's not ready for all this and then when I asked if he's not over his ex or something he said 'it's not that babe'. Why did he even get my number? What does he want? Why is he calling me 'babe'.

UPDATE: after he said 'its not that babe' I replied with 'then what's the problem you can talk to me' but he read this message but didn't reply. Then I asked him why he's leading me on and he said he's sorry and that he just wants to be friends. Y spoke to me a few days later and I explained everything that happened with X to him and asked if X is ok. Then y said maybe X is going through some problems. Then X put up an emotional dp to do with life and his status was an emoge of a phone with a cross on it. I stopped talking to X for 3 weeks and then I walked past him one day and he had lost alot of weight so I asked y if he's okay as he had lost alot of weight. Then the next day X called me and asked if I was ok and if I heard about this murder that happened in the park near our house then hung up after literally 10 mins. My tone of voice was quite unfriendly now that I think about it and he asked me if I was ok twice and I didn't ask if he was ok back instead I think I said 'how comes you called'. The next day I asked how he was and we spoke for a bit then he asked what I was up to then he read my message and didn't reply.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

tl;dr

He probably just wants some spinach.
That is way too much information to comprehend
Original post by MathsAstronomy12

With all those X's and Y's, if MathsAstronomy can't make sense of it, what hope is there left :sadnod:
Original post by Mpagtches
tl;dr

He probably just wants some spinach.

What? I'm confused
He wants to ****.
Original post by MathsAstronomy12

With all those X's and Y's, if MathsAstronomy can't make sense of it, what hope is there left :sadnod:

Sorry don't know what else to call them :tongue: I don't want to use their actual names
Original post by txmidayoxo
He wants to ****.

What? where did you get that from?
Reply 8
Just tell them to drop dead and leave you alone. They are losers and not showing you any respect.

Top tip: any guy that does not show you respect should not be respected. No exceptions, ever.

ooohhh witty banter
Original post by Simes
Just tell them to drop dead and leave you alone. They are losers and not showing you any respect.

Top tip: any guy that does not show you respect should not be respected. No exceptions, ever.

Why would you say they aren't showing me respect
So X doesn't care that Y tried to make a move on the same girl he is?
Original post by Biryani007
So X doesn't care that Y tried to make a move on the same girl he is?

Yeah exactly, thats why I'm confused and he also cancelled the date saying he isn't ready for all this
Original post by tammie123
x.

It seems like there is something going on between X and Y which doesn't make sense on the face of it.

The bit where a guy asked you whether you talk to other guys seems a bit weird to be honest.

Him calling you babe is probably nothing to read into.

Why he cancelled or is behaving weirdly.. not clear from your context.

Ask yourself whether it's really worth it.
Yeah exactly, thats why I'm confused and he also cancelled the date saying he isn't ready for all this

Maybe Y made it out to X that you tried it with him because he was mad over you rejecting him...Idk...
More drama malarkey...
Original post by SeanFM
It seems like there is something going on between X and Y which doesn't make sense on the face of it.

The bit where a guy asked you whether you talk to other guys seems a bit weird to be honest.

Him calling you babe is probably nothing to read into.

Why he cancelled or is behaving weirdly.. not clear from your context.

Ask yourself whether it's really worth it.

Maybe Y made it out to X that you tried it with him because he was mad over you rejecting him...Idk...

What do you think is going on between X and Y? When I gave my number to X I said it out loud so Y could have easily written it down while I was saying it. Maybe he didn't even ask X

Why is it weird that he asked if I talk to other guys?
What do you think is going on between X and Y? When I gave my number to X I said it out loud so Y could have easily written it down while I was saying it. Maybe he didn't even ask X

Why is it weird that he asked if I talk to other guys?

Why is he suddenly backing out then? Something has been said...looks like they're playing some kinda game...just ignore them...
If he messages you just say forget it...
Christ, 70 years from now, on your death bed, I bet this is what you'll be thinking about.

Oh, wait, you won't. Why? Because it's a bunch of comatose-inducing, life sucking, oxygen depriving melodrama.

X + Y = w*****s.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why is he suddenly backing out then? Something has been said...looks like they're playing some kinda game...just ignore them...
If he messages you just say forget it...

What do you mean by game? I have a feeling Y must've said something you're right about that. X cancelled the date after I said no to Y

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending