The Student Room Group

Why is TSR so hostile?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
The political forums aren't always like this - I've had a few nice discussions with members of a different party to me. There are just some who take what should be a friendly debate waay too seriously. But yeah that annoys me too :frown:

I actually stay outta them now! To be honest, all it takes is one git to upset the happy discussions. Plus I get more annoyed than I should about certain issues haha! I don't want to end up being that one git that I just complained about.
Original post by LannaBanana
I actually stay outta them now! To be honest, all it takes is one git to upset the happy discussions. Plus I get more annoyed than I should about certain issues haha! I don't want to end up being that one git that I just complained about.

I'm part of the MHoC but stay within the party forum. Same here tbh, there are issues I feel very passionate about. If I can back if up with facts I'm more than happy to state them but if it's just my opinion I stay well clear.
Original post by emiloujess
Liberal Democrat, hoping to go into Politics actually :smile: But I have nothing against the other parties - I simply have a different view to them. It doesn't mean that they're any less right or wrong.

I thought about going into politics myself. However over the years I have realised politics isn't the answer to the nations problems. So I have a more general interest from covers everything. I will be honest. I hate Liberals, I oppose them utterly. I regard what you want as bad, wrong and evil, the destruction of the nation, my way of life and the legacy of my ancestors. However I see that your view is very Liberal, which is consistent. My view not being Liberal, but reactionary and Loyalist is also consistent. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by william walker
I thought about going into politics myself. However over the years I have realised politics isn't the answer to the nations problems. So I have a more general interest from covers everything. I will be honest. I hate Liberals, I oppose them utterly. I regard what you want a bad, wrong and evil, the destruction of the nation, my way of life and the legacy of my ancestors. However I see that your view is very Liberal, which is consistent. My view not being Liberal, but reactionary and Loyalist is also consistent. :smile:

Well thank you for your honesty :tongue: If I am completely honest I am somewhere between Liberal Democrat and Conservative, but a member of the LD's. Perhaps in the future I will be a Conservative but there are a few members who I despise and I don't think I'd be able to work with them.
Anonymity. If you think TSR is the only place on the internet where there's annoying/negative members, then you're being quite naive. In comparison to a lot of other places TSR is really not that bad, and for the most part you can just gloss over the problem members.

That might just be me though, seems like other people let online strangers wind them up far too much.
I was just going to ask "why is TSR so soft?"

And my hostility affects all of my relationships, online and off. So get over it.
Reply 66
Original post by MrDystopia
Anonymity. If you think TSR is the only place on the internet where there's annoying/negative members, then you're being quite naive. In comparison to a lot of other places TSR is really not that bad, and for the most part you can just gloss over the problem members.

That might just be me though, seems like other people let online strangers wind them up far too much.

Original post by Ms. Mamacita
I was just going to ask "why is TSR so soft?"

And my hostility affects all of my relationships, online and off. So get over it.

This and this.

I'm a member of two other forums, both of which are way more hostile and aggressive than this one. You can't get away with anything without getting berated. But it's generally accepted, and I've felt usually helps discourse move along quite nicely. Persistent trolling is obviously a problem, but sometimes borderline behaviour can highlight problems pretty effectively.

I often get a bit annoyed at how nice the people on this forum are 100% of the time. It's ok to have a dig at people every now and then. There's a time and a place for niceties and generally the internet shouldn't be/isn't one of them. Just don't take everything so personally.
Too much thirst imo.
I disagree that TSR is "so hostile". Never really saw it as much of a debate forum tbh but rather a social networking site which disguises itself as a forum with the occasional informative bits.
cus its full of the socially awkward nerdy kids that get jealous of everyone else who have lives lol.
Reply 70
TSR is the Hello Kitty Island for internet aggression.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending