The Student Room Group

DWP 506 Executive Officer Scotland security checks - anyone else ?

Hi , I was wondering if anyone had received an email about security checks and if you are still waiting ? For how long ? Thanks
Original post by EvaS75
Hi , I was wondering if anyone had received an email about security checks and if you are still waiting ? For how long ? Thanks

The security checks can take up to or over a month (though I am basing this off of a 2021 application). The Civil Service recruitment process is frustratingly slow regardless of what year or department though, I can assure you that.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zamestaneh
The security checks can take up to or over a month (though I am basing this off of a 2021 application). The Civil Service recruitment process is frustratingly slow regardless of what year or department though, I can assure you that.

Hi ,
Even if you are a civil service employee?
Original post by EvaS75
Hi ,

Ah, that is a question I do not know the answer to. This is just a guess, but I imagine it may also depend on what level of security checks they did when you first joined the CS. For example, yhey do the more intensive checks and clearance for the Foreign Office, so it is a no brainer that working perhaps as a tax analyst in like HMRC would not have the necessary clearance.

On the other hand, they may perhaps still do checks since this is an external application open to all rather than an internal application ring-fenced for CS employees only. Sorry I could not be more definitive.
Reply 4
Thanks 😊
Reply 5
Original post by EvaS75
Hi ,

First person to speak to would be your line manager wouldn't it? As they would be the one agreeing your release date.
Reply 6
When I ask a question, it’s because I don’t know the answer.
I discussed the possibility of transferring to another government department with my manager, but it seems like it’s not within the same organization.
I found the comment to be quite hostile.
What’s the purpose of insulting people if you have no intention of helping them?
Reply 7
Original post by EvaS75
When I ask a question, it’s because I don’t know the answer.
I discussed the possibility of transferring to another government department with my manager, but it seems like it’s not within the same organization.
I found the comment to be quite hostile.
What’s the purpose of insulting people if you have no intention of helping them?

You didn't mention that....

...contact HR then.

You can find the comment hostile, such is life.
Reply 8
Original post by Quady
You didn't mention that....

...contact HR then.

You can find the comment hostile, such is life.

I don’t be mistreated in a students chat .
You supposed to be polite , not hostile .
You are the only one that didn’t understand my question, so , read properly before make any comments .
I also reported you , just because you have edited your comments .
You deserve to stay out of these useful place .
Have a wonderful life
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by EvaS75

You are the only one that didn’t understand my question, so , read properly before make any comments .
I also reported you , just because you have edited your comments .

That's not true is it? Posts 2, 3 and 4 demonstrate otherwise.

I've not edited my comment, my comment has been edited. If I had edited my comment then there would be a note to say so on the post.

Have you read the guidance on transfers?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-civil-servants-how-to-move-jobs-between-departments-and-agencies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending