The Student Room Group

Got her a one day spa and a nailpolish set for her Bday, was this a bad idea girls?

So my GF's bday was yesterday and i bought her a nailpolish set, 10 different colours and a one day spa. However she looked really upset, we have been dating for 6months. Should i have got her something more nice?. Im only 20 so i couldnt exactly afford an expensive watch or purse. She doesnt seem to be replying to my messages now.
Dump her ASAP!!!
Should be fine, though after giving her space probably ask what's wrong.
Just talk to her. Communication is the foundation of any relationship. Ask her if she is ok; maybe it was something that happened that day that made her upset, not your present.
Just encourage her to be open with you :smile:

Also, did you maybe make it out to seem like you were going to give her a big present, or was she hinting at something that she wanted? If so, then just talk to her about it, explain the situation how you cannot afford extravagent things, and if she is a decent person she will appreciate the thought :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
So my GF's bday was yesterday and i bought her a nailpolish set, 10 different colours and a one day spa. However she looked really upset, we have been dating for 6months. Should i have got her something more nice?. Im only 20 so i couldnt exactly afford an expensive watch or purse. She doesnt seem to be replying to my messages now.

She should have at least shown some appreciation. But maybe gifts was not what she wanted? I don't know. Girls are confusing. Talk to her and ask her why she was upset. If she was upset because the gift was not more expensive, like my wise friend above said: DUMP HER ASAP!!!1
Haha. A Spa day... Probably better than anything I have ever got my girlfriend of almost 4 years ^^
Reply 6
Dont question yourself because its the thought that counts. If anyone is wrong here, it's her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

That sounds like a thoughtful gift and a pretty good one for being together 6 months and it shows effort too. She might have something else on her mind so maybe wait and see if you hear from her or send her a message to see if there is anything wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending