The Student Room Group

Forgot to transfer someone money

Me & my colleagues went out for lunch about a month ago for someone’s bday.

I had some chicken goujons and the persons whose birthdays it was offered to cover the bill but we were like ofc not we will pay for our own. I didn’t have her bank details at the time so she said don’t worry and she’ll give them to me later.

Admittedly I completely forgot about the entire thing, went back to work and then I went on holiday! She never sent them to me but I should’ve remembered and asked!

She’s just sent an email reminding me of the £10 i owe ( absolutely fair enough) but I feel highly embarassed and now worried she thinks I’m not genuine / a bad person for forgetting. She’s about 60 and pretty high up in our firm so I’m worried she just doesn’t like me now.

I obviously apologised and said I totally forget and I was sorry and I’ll pay her straight away!

Just feel awful about it because the girls in my team are rather *****y and feel like I’ve fed myself to the wolves as such
This is nowhere near as big an issue as you're making it in your own head. People forget about these things all the time. It happens, and it doesn't make you a bad person. If the person you're paying is around 60 she will be more than aware of that. Don't worry about it. No one is judging you.
Reply 2
It’s no big deal. The ball was in her court to provide bank details. Not to mention she offered to pay anyway. Fine to just pay and think no more about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending