The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yeh, i remember the mark scheme said if the energy is less than 15kT the reaction happens readily.

Also, for , im guessin U is the internal energy, but what is R in the first equation?
Reply 41
R is the molar (or Universal) gas constant. It's in the formula booklet we get in the exam.
Reply 42
in response to that, just wondered if ne1 wanted to derive KE from the gas laws? i.e how is 3/2KT derrived?

Cheeerssss

sas
Just got a frantic email from my teacher with the attatchment, thought it might be useful =)
Reply 44
what a legend! thanks for that :smile:

your teachers must be dedicated, we hardly got a lesson on it!?

Thanks again
so E/kT is 15-30kT?
We were supposed to have 2 lessons on it...didn't happen..this is her lesson stuff..
Reply 47
lol oh right! well the info looks good, can just see that kinda stuff coming up, ah man im well worried about this exam, how u think its gonna go? what u hoping to get?
Reply 48
if any1 needs to look at past papers, www.priorexams.com
go down to OCR Physics_B and there's quite afew with mark schemes

To be honest the section B questions they can ask us can't be overly difficult, because that'd mean we all had a sound understanding of the WHOLE syllabus, plus all the extra stuff we've learnt just for the pre-release. If u take a look at the past papers u can see that section B isn't overly hard, but they really can give u random questions.
Reply 49
May sound a bit weird asking this, but is this paper meant 2 b 2moro morning or afternoon???
Reply 50
Afternoon. I wish it was the mornin cuz i'm goin to london to see damian marley and stephen marley tomoro night
I need to get a B really...I kinda screwed up on Clockwork Universe and Particle Pictures, and I need a B overall...so yea...
BenJoi
Afternoon. I wish it was the mornin cuz i'm goin to london to see damian marley and stephen marley tomoro night

Ill be revising for my FP2 exam the next morning...
Reply 53
Sephrenia

Gutted...
You telling me? I still ahve an AEA after that..Im not free from exams for another week :hmpf:
how am i suppose to start revising for this thing??
Im trying to work that one out...Im not doing much for the advance notice article - just reading through it, making a couple of notes,a nd doing all the section B stuff I cna get my hands on...
Reply 57
Sephrenia

:ditto: :frown:

I have another five exams after FP2 also...
Think yourselves fairly lucky. I have had 6 exams and have another 12 to go without any retakes :P

Phys tomorrow, then fp4 and d2 on friday with genetics
Reply 59
Im a bit confused about the energy of a particle in a gas. In some places it seems to say that the Kinetic energy of a molecule is 3/2KT, but in others it says that it is simply KT??? Which one is it?! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Latest