The Student Room Group

A levels and chances of getting into uni to do Accounting and Finance

I am doing Maths, chemistry, biology and french at AS and I am thinking of doing A&F at Uni and I was wondering which subject would be best to drop between biology and french? Also, is it very hard to get into uni to do A&F or not, as in is there a lot of competition? Are AS and A2 level grades only ones required?
Thanks
Original post by mathsaddict1234
I am doing Maths, chemistry, biology and french at AS and I am thinking of doing A&F at Uni and I was wondering which subject would be best to drop between biology and french? Also, is it very hard to get into uni to do A&F or not, as in is there a lot of competition? Are AS and A2 level grades only ones required?
Thanks

I'd say drop the one you don't enjoy or do worse in at AS because at the end of the day they care about grades. Also if French isn't your home language then you'll be fine keeping that. In regards to requirements, I'm applying this year and I've found that most ask for an A/B GCSE maths and B/C GCSE English Lang so appart from that you should be fine.

In terms of competition I think it's as competitive as any other course (apart from med/dent ofc) I think it mainly depends where your applying, but if you're thinking of applying to a school leavers program like the KPMG ones or partnerships with unis they're obviously going to be a lot more competitive than anyother course. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending