The Student Room Group

Any Ex Muslims here?

So I left Islam due to parents asking me to pray everyday to secure a place in heaven. I was annoyed about this and my research lead me to believe that Islam is man made just like many other religions. What I hated was how the prophet married eleven women and would kill anyone who was against his word and then introduced strict rules that did not apply to him(men carry marry 4, why could he marry 11). I also came across vedic teachings which indicate Islam was a plagirised version of hinduism and Christianity.

I would like to ask ex Muslims how their transcision has been? I've created a list of things that I will be doing that Islam was strictly against(drinking, eating pork, etc).

I have kept my atheism a secret and want to know if other ex muslims will forever keep it a secret. Do you worry about marriage? Marrying a non Muslim and explaining this to your family?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I left Islam due to parents asking me to pray everyday to secure a place in heaven. I was annoyed about this and my research lead me to believe that Islam is man made just like many other religions. What I hated was how the prophet married eleven women and would kill anyone who was against his word and then introduced strict rules that did not apply to him(men carry marry 4, why could he marry 11). I also came across vedic teachings which indicate Islam was a plagirised version of hinduism and Christianity.

I would like to ask ex Muslims how their transcision has been? I've created a list of things that I will be doing that Islam was strictly against(drinking, eating pork, etc).

I have kept my atheism a secret and want to know if other ex muslims will forever keep it a secret. Do you worry about marriage? Marrying a non Muslim and explaining this to your family?

Not a Muslim, but there's an Ex-Muslim thread on here already: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3156455

And where on earth did you hear that Islam is a plagiarised version of Hinduism :curious:

Quick Reply

Latest