The Student Room Group

Black girls who wear WEAVE

Why? Why do you do it? Before anyone goes down my throat I am a black girl myself, and i absolutely love my hair. My curly locks go down just below my shoulder and i wouldn't change it for anything. It's sad to see the majority of black women having to spend so much money and time on hair that isn't even theirs. It saddens me..Why do you do it ladies? I know someone will say "oh brazilian girls wear weave too, why don't you mention them blah blah" Well not the majority of them is it?
Because we want to...
I understand where you come from, but i honestly believe that you shouldn't be judging or be worrying what people are doing themselves. If girls want to wear weave let them........
Original post by Anonymous
Why? Why do you do it? Before anyone goes down my throat I am a black girl myself, and i absolutely love my hair. My curly locks go down just below my shoulder and i wouldn't change it for anything. It's sad to see the majority of black women having to spend so much money and time on hair that isn't even theirs. It saddens me..Why do you do it ladies? I know someone will say "oh brazilian girls wear weave too, why don't you mention them blah blah" Well not the majority of them is it?

A lot of non black girls actually wear weave. I don't for one second believe you are a black girl though.
I'm non-black and i think weave looks amazing!
I have very long afro-curly hair and i would be so open to weave, hair extensions, wigs as well as wearing my own hair. I like them because I can easily completely change my hairdo overnight! Also I can do cool stuff with my hair without damaging my own hair. And black hair is long to deal with so sometimes my hair needs a break. Weave/braids/wigs are nice because they protect my hair underneath.
And that's why I like weave!
Non-black girls would probably do the same but it's not a cultural thing for them. Most non-black woman wash/brush/curl/straighten/dye/cut their hair but that's about it because it's not usual/cultural for them to have very high maintenance hairstyles.
Stereotypically many girls in Essex wear hair extensions and that could be seen as a kinda cultural thing for them. (obviously not all or even most Essex girls wear extensions but that's not the point)

Many girls spend their time/money to look different from their natural self: makeup/ getting nails done it's all the same thing if you ask me.

That's how i see it anyway.
Reply 6
I don't think there's anything wrong with weave, it's when the weave look cheap that it becomes a problem😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest