The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lexie_89
I guess i knew this was coming for a long time, but at least now its official. I Have been rejected from my 4 choices to study medicine.

I just don't know where i went wrong. I know it wasn't my grades (predicted AAAB) or my GCSE's (6A*, 5A and 2B), my work experience was varied and i had done a large amount as well as volentary work, i did well in my UKCAT and my personal statment was good. I just don't know what else the universities want.

I also have decieded that im not going to re apply next year as i can't go through the stress of this again, so i'm going to do something else instead.

I'm just a bit gutted.:frown:

I would really feel the same. But you should feel proud of results like that!
Reply 21
i have got four rejections too. :frown:
i have offers from brighton and edinburgh to do psychology, can't make my mind up if i should do psychology, or medicine in india and if i dod decide to do psychology which university.:confused: :rolleyes:
Reply 22
lol hilairious how people neg rep you claiming you neg repped them when you didn't. lol.
Reply 23
casablanca
i have got four rejections too. :frown:
i have offers from brighton and edinburgh to do psychology, can't make my mind up if i should do psychology, or medicine in india and if i dod decide to do psychology which university.:confused: :rolleyes:

Did you get feedback frm brighton?? I was rejected by BSMS without interview n wen i asked for feedback they told me that i cud apply for medicine while in 1st yr of any BSc degree. I wud suggest u go to brighton, n while doin ur 1st yr in psychology, u cud apply for medicine there again............
Reply 24
btw i'm also in the official '4 rejections club' =(
ph9
lol icy shadow i love the way you've organised your sad faces in your sig. does it go in order of sad-intensity? or perhaps you're a obsessive compulsive who must have everything going in a numerical pattern? either way, i enjoy.

LOL, ure first guess was right ph9, ordered in terms of sad-intensity (i like that word). If i get 4 rejections i may have to change it as barts goes second.

I shouldnt say that should I because i hear med schools are watchin me online...
Reply 26
hahah, if it was me, i'd have it like so: ucl, kings, barts/imperial (both on the same level of intensity tbh)

well anyway i can now join this club for i have acquired four whole rejections. it feels quite ****. don't know why on earth i'm so disliked by my uni choices, jesus. i have everything they've asked for. poos.
Reply 27
lexie_89

I also have decided that im not going to re apply next year as i can't go through the stress of this again, so i'm going to do something else instead.

I'm just a bit gutted.:frown:

Sorry about your rejections.:frown:
Have you decided what you are going to do yet?
Are you considering that Medical Sciences course? It could be a good option.
Reply 28
oooo me tooooo :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: you know this is by far the coolest thread where all the cool people hang...

...having from logging on every day (just like myspace XD..).. to logging on every four days or so.. seeing as ive been completely rejected for med... thought there was no need to go back onto this forum

then this thing came along and i was like yay :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: hahaha. sad? perhaps.

anyways.. sorry to everyone who is in the same position as me. But remember.. where there is a will, there is a way. :smile:
So far everyone on the King's waiting list has been rejected, that I've heard about. I haven't heard a single person getting on off it. This makes me more than slightly nervous.
Anyone else just a bit annoyed by all the "which uni should I go to" threads? I mean, I know they don't mean to, but it's still not quite what I need to see.
Yep, I've been doing that too, cis. As the chance of me getting into med school decreases, so does my time on TSR..
i have 3 rejections and a highly likely 4th

i really wna do medicine so i guess im gna reapply and then go through another year of complete HELL! :frown:

it suks....but i guess thats life
As some sort of beacon of hope, applying with strong A levels in hand makes life easier....
Reply 32
yup, philo, it's become my obsession to get my As this year. i find myself dreaming about integration and differentiation and actually solving things out loud as i'm waking up

it's odd :-/

but with AAA/AAB... next year will be so damn relaxing.

it's also really weird how it's only since my fourth rejection came through that i've started to motivate myself to work. if only it came a lot longer before the 30th of march...
I found that last year working for my A levels konwing that I would be applying next year, I was more motivated than those who had applied that year and had offers.
Reply 34
hi there got rejected from all 4 of my med unis, including hullyork, liverpool, manchester and queens in london, the feeling is just like ****! . but got an offer for pharamcy at hertfordshire and biochemistry at york, but don't know what to do with these offers, or whether to decline these offers and go for pharamacy ar aston uni, also my a levels exams in january didn't go quiete well either, going to have 11 exams in june . i dont know what to do, whether 2 do a 3rd year doing my a levels or to conisder pharmacy at birmingham through ucas extra, my ukcat score wasn't great and got 1A(sociology) and 2C'z (chem and bio) for ma a/s levels also got 1A 10B'z and 1C(eng lang) for my GCSE's>
also how do the uni'z look at resit applicants, or isit better to state that you had ext circumstances (what would exactly accept as these circumstances)? or should i take a gap year?
HELp and advice much appreciated.
P'S what's the best way to Acquire feedback, via email or mail?
thankyou
Reply 35
I think Gap year would be best if you get AAA /AAB GRADES
Reply 36
hermaphrodite
which universities did you apply to?

and did you apply towards the end of the deadline - or did you submit your aplication well in advance.

i think the only thing that could have been a disadvantage is the psychology a level - some unis consider it to be easy/mickey mouse. - you would have been better off to do physics or further maths - if they have your application and another persons application but the other person did physics then they are more likely yo accept the other persons application

Well a girl in my school has got 3 rejections so far and she was doing bio chem maths and physics, got all As in her AS levels, and i don't know what she got in her gcses, had all the relevant work experience - basically ticked all the boxes.. so it just goes to show it's a bit of a lottery!
i reapplied - taking a gap year has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. im off to south america for 7 weeks soon, then off to Bham med school :-) guys, get your grades, the work experience BEFORE SEPTEMBER (so you have plenty of time to write your PS and reflect on ur experiences) and you'll be ahead of peeps predicted the grades and with less work experience. i also recommend trying to organise becoming a care assistant at some type of home - a LONG TERM care placement is impressive.
Reply 38
talking about refrences....me and a friend both applied to Leeds for medicine, and 95% of the refrence was the same. the only things changes was our names, predicted grades, subjects, and any work exeperience mentioned!!! my school was a joke....

Latest

Trending

Trending