The Student Room Group

I do not understand Religions stance on sex?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kurupt
fair points

i can't say one is more loyal or loving than the other, it depends on the person, it's not related to gender

the problem with women is that you UNDERESTIMATE just how extremely important sex is to a man. Let me explain. Of course we value your loyalty, we demand your loyalty. Woman thinks men just wants her for sex, thinks that's all he's interested in, thinks he just wants her body. That's not the case though. Men can't help it, our sexual desire is extremely strong. Sex is extremely important for men. That's what you have to understand. That's the one thing we value more than anything. Everything else, you can get it from elsewhere. Your mother, father, siblings, friends...they can provide you with friendship, support, repsect, love. Only a good loving wife can provide you with sex, which is the biggest thing that a man needs (it's true). Well...preferably a wife, girlfriends are a bad idea and I don't support that concept. Believe me when I tell you that there's absolutely nothing a man values more highly than sex when it comes to what he needs from his wife. Women value the services that a man can provide for them. they want loyalty, dedication, commitment, emotional support, communication, good (fun) companionship. They want a man who can spend money on them. Unfortunately for men, a large proportion of our cardiac output is diverted to our external genitalia which means that we're very basic, all we need from a woman is sex all the time, loyalty and a little bit of appreciation and for her to be in a good mood, that's it. A husband must serve his wife and in return, the wife should also be kind and give him sex whenever he needs it

Mate all I'm going to say is that you are just talking about yourself. Sex isn't that important to me, getting on with my life is though. we young yes you may have sexual desires but back to the main point of this article. God has given men and women sexual desires as a test. He made sex impermissible before marriage. If you're religious, then you would say that living on this earth is a test and what we do here affects our afterlife.

Unfortunately your view of women needs to change, or maybe it's just your poor choice of words " ...give him sex whenever he needs it..." all I want to say is if sex is what you think its all about... then good luck. there's more to being married than that. It's about having your soul mate, someone you can talk to when you need to, a true friend for life... but there is also that sex element there too but it shouldn't be your main focus.
Original post by Kurupt
fair points

i can't say one is more loyal or loving than the other, it depends on the person, it's not related to gender

the problem with women is that you UNDERESTIMATE just how extremely important sex is to a man. Let me explain. Of course we value your loyalty, we demand your loyalty. Woman thinks men just wants her for sex, thinks that's all he's interested in, thinks he just wants her body. That's not the case though. Men can't help it, our sexual desire is extremely strong. Sex is extremely important for men. That's what you have to understand. That's the one thing we value more than anything. Everything else, you can get it from elsewhere. Your mother, father, siblings, friends...they can provide you with friendship, support, repsect, love. Only a good loving wife can provide you with sex, which is the biggest thing that a man needs (it's true). Well...preferably a wife, girlfriends are a bad idea and I don't support that concept. Believe me when I tell you that there's absolutely nothing a man values more highly than sex when it comes to what he needs from his wife. Women value the services that a man can provide for them. they want loyalty, dedication, commitment, emotional support, communication, good (fun) companionship. They want a man who can spend money on them. Unfortunately for men, a large proportion of our cardiac output is diverted to our external genitalia which means that we're very basic, all we need from a woman is sex all the time, loyalty and a little bit of appreciation and for her to be in a good mood, that's it. A husband must serve his wife and in return, the wife should also be kind and give him sex whenever he needs it

If I'm ever stuck for a sex fix I just masturbate mate, I can't help but think that religion seems awfully inefficient in this respect. You accept that sex is important, but put the barrier of a whole load of paperwork and words and dressmaking and cakemaking and ringbuying just to be able to actually bang anybody, and then before you're married you can't masturbate either. I mean ???

I can't think of one decent rational reason for any of that other then "god will be rather annoyed if you don't do these things his way." But if that's your only reason, you must accept that God (if he exists and if he does have the same nature that your religion claims but that's another debate) has all the capacity for rational thought processes as the average household banana, and has a few mental issues relating to being controlling and such. He isn't worth worshiping.
Sometimes I have the urge to slap annoying people but I don't...
Original post by Mankytoes
Well it says the wife also has the right to rape/sexually abuse the husband, the opposite of "mutual respect" to me.

"Let every man give his wife what is her due, and every woman do the same by her husband."

Assuming what is "due " is slavery, but how may we determine that? by considering the Bible as a whole along with theological works on the Bible's teachings.If we do that (may look at the songs of Solomon along with other books), in combination of lessons, messages, etc. that touch on other aspects in life we can determine what is "due" - For marriage is a matrimonial covenant that which by its very nature is/must be mutual. For what is "due" is respect, understanding, communication, and even sexual understanding.

So if you are saying what is "due" is slavery, then it is your own take on a efw words, not the message in its entirety.

I was just showing you how the Bible condones even more evil things than marital rape (taking sex slaves).
Assuming that was their purpose. Assuming that action is being condoned. There is also a crucifixion mentioned in great detail - are we to assume that is condoned or an act that took common place? I guess one would have to consider that.

I don't think your excerpt really makes it any more acceptable.
One would have to research and study in order to come to a conclusion that is not based on a first glance. Even if one were to read it several times, you are still looking at it for face value which does not demonstrate its purpose or meaning.

It's saying if a woman belongs to another man, you can't rape her. If she doesn't, you can. I don't know if you're male or female, I'm a guy, but ****ing hell, I have a mother, sisters, a girlfriend... I don't even want to entertain this sick view of women, as property. I can hardly think of anything more sick than marrying a rapist to a rape victim.

I have viewed the following perspective:
meltzerboy of C.F.
"This is one of those passages in which Bible study from the Torah perspective comes into play. On the face of it, it may seem that the woman here is degraded since she is obliged to marry a man who has violated her, whether or not there is rape involved, which is not clearly stated in the verse. (If rape is indeed involved, there is a severe penalty meted out toward the man.) However, if the verse is interpreted in context together with Exodus 22: 16-17, since Deuteronomy is a kind of summation of the previous four books of the Law, one can see that the young girl's father must first give his consent to marriage, which is unlikely under the circumstances, particularly if rape was involved. (Further, the woman also has a say regarding whether she wants to marry the man.) If the woman's father or the woman herself rejects the man who violated her, the man must still pay the father money for his unsavory action as well as support the father's daughter thereafter. Thus, in point of fact, the burden in this situation falls on the man who is an aggressor in a premarital relationship of either mutual consent or of statutory rape or forcible rape. "

16 One who seduces a virgin not yet betrothed, and beds with her, must give her a dowry and marry her, 17 unless the father will not give her in marriage; then amends must be made, equivalent to the dowry which a virgin customarily receives.
This is the difficulty in studying the Bible. it is not a (math) school text where everything just flows together. you have to consider other chapters besides the one you read.

It's worrying to me that so many people want to try and excuse this. I know it's hard to turn away from the religion you are raised with, but you have to have some morality. Certainly, this is a God unworthy of worship, on this one ruling alone.
not about excusing anything, but understanding what is read. that requires study.
Original post by Kurupt
never said woman is a toy
a wife should be kind to her husband and give him sex, in return he gives her commitment, loyalty, love, money, food, clothes etc. Sex is extremely important to men, you can't tell a man to control his sexual desires, that's ridiculous. My girl understands this so she gives me sex as much as is physically possible for her because she understands how important it is to me, even if she's not in the mood she'll still have sex because I want it.

there should be an understanding between a man and a woman before they get married. it's not like she must do it, it would just be really nice if she did that for her husband. I don't think we ask for much, we just want sex from her (of course she doesn't have to do it if she doesn't want)

This is the biggest pile of **** I’ve ever read in my life! Wake up! It’s the 21st centuary. Women and men are people, they both have wants and needs and desires. Your “wife” is a glorified prostitute if she exchanges sex for material possessions and you’ve made her that way. She’s a human being with emotions, feelings and desires just like you. You can’t control your sexual urges like a normal, sentient human being cool - that’s your therapy bill but for you to essentially coerce another human being to have sex with you EVEN when she DOESN’T want to is diplorable! I don’t know what “religion” you prescribe to but no loving God would see one human be it male or female, debase and disrespect another human being like you are your wife. Men are supposed to love and reapect their wives or husbands, marriage is a contract made between two people to love and respect one another. Geez!
Original post by Kurupt
My girl understands this so she gives me sex as much as is physically possible for her because she understands how important it is to me, even if she's not in the mood she'll still have sex because I want it.

That's disgusting. And this is coming from a man.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kurupt
thats why marriage is prescribed. you can get married and have sex with your wife as much as you want and that's perfectly okay. you don't have to fight your sexual desires, in fact it's impossible for most men to fight their desires because men desire sex very strongly, there's no way to abstain from sex, so the right thing to do (the only right thing to do) is marry a woman and have sex with her as much as you need

I pity your wife if this is how you view them. and women also have very strong sexual desires
Reply 27
All religion is a heap of ****e don't argue with me.
Firstly men can control their sexual desires ie by praying or even masturbate to release sexual frustration but to say women are just here to please their husband is completely incorrect as a woman is her completely own Person she has the right to do whatever she wants if she doesn’t want to have sex with you, nothing you can do about it in Islam a man is suppose to control his desires just like going on a diet you control yourself for the better outcome in the future we believe that sex is a spiritual bond and if you have sex before marriage you have firstly broken a Bond as you didn’t control your desire until marriage but we also believe that it’s better if both stay virgin till marriage as it protects the woman’s honour like she’s seen as pure as she’s still a Virgin nowadays too many people focus on sex rather than the actual person and their soul.
But that’s my take.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending