The Student Room Group

applying to do art at uni

I was wondering if it would be possible to do art at uni without doing it at a-level? I did it at GCSE and got an a* but the college I go to didn't have a very good art course for A-level so I decided against taking it there but recently I'm missing it, and wondering if I could do it at uni to get a career in it?
Reply 1
I think you can as they would mostly look at your portfolio and see how you've developed your work and how you came to do your final outcome. You will need to to start doing some work now, and start thinking about what the university wants in your portfolio and work from there.

However, Just double check with the University just to see if you can. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The usual route to a Fine Art degree is an Art & Design Foundation course which people usually do after A Levels or BTEC or whatever, so feel free to try applying for a degree but a foundation is your most likely way to get on an art course even for those with an art A level. Get a portfolio together and make sure you include some recent post-GCSE artwork (if you haven't done any, make some!) and apply for a foundation course.

Quick Reply

Latest