The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hello,

I applied recently to the MSc Pre-Registration Physiotherapy, and I wondered if you could inform me as to when the interviews take place? I can see that 4 weeks after the deadline you should hear back about your application, however there is no information on the QMU website specifically relating to the month that the interviews take place?

Thanks in advance!
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Hello :smile:

Has anyone applied for nursing here? I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from the university! May i ask if there is any idea about when the let applicants know about interviews or rejections? So sorry to intrude, I just love the sound of Queen Margaret and getting really nervous as the wait gets longer!
Wishing everyone all the best with their applications!
Original post by LCx2
Anyone had an offer yet or know if it will it be much longer before offers start being released? Applied for physio at QMU!!

Hi there - sorry I've taken so long to reply back (been ill with a flu :frown:)
We are processing applications as quickly as we can, but Physio is one of the most competitive courses we have so applications are always of a really high standard, making it a very difficult job for our Admissions tutor. We also receive several hundred of them so it's a lengthy process. It is unfortunately a 'bear with us' chat - I know that's not what you want to hear but I cannot give you anything clearer than that just now! Universities have until the 31st March to make our decisions, so literally it can be anywhere from now until then!! (We do make decisions earlier than that, but the UCAS deadline for us is 31st March).
Sorry I can't be of more help, but best of luck!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by amyturner14
Applied for radiography at QMU but still haven't heard anything back, when can I expect to hear?

Hi there - sorry I've taken so long to reply back (been ill with the flu :frown:)
We are processing applications as quickly as we can, with Radiography we will be holding an interview day so there is a focus to make initial selections as quickly as possible to allow candidates time to arrange their travel for interview. You will be given a minimum of 3 weeks notice for interview, so you should have plenty of time if selected. It is a case of 'bear with us' again, sorry, but you will hear back as soon as selectors have made their decisions.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by Jane.Feijoo
Hello,

I applied recently to the MSc Pre-Registration Physiotherapy, and I wondered if you could inform me as to when the interviews take place? I can see that 4 weeks after the deadline you should hear back about your application, however there is no information on the QMU website specifically relating to the month that the interviews take place?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there - so at PG level things are a little different as they are processed to a different deadline. The deadline for application was 31st January (so just passed at the weekend) which means selections will be taking place now. We don't interview for the pre-reg Physio course so selections will be made on the application submitted, and once that comes from the selectors we will let you know the outcome. Best of luck!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by Felix_felicis
Hello :smile:

Has anyone applied for nursing here? I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from the university! May i ask if there is any idea about when the let applicants know about interviews or rejections? So sorry to intrude, I just love the sound of Queen Margaret and getting really nervous as the wait gets longer!
Wishing everyone all the best with their applications!

Hi there! Decisions are being made by our Admissions tutor all the time for the Nursing course, and we will be allocating interview slots as quickly as possible. Those selected for interview will get a minimum of 3 weeks notice to make arrangements. Decisions are going out on UCAS daily, so it is a case of 'just keep checking', but I'm sure you are already.
Best of luck!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 46
Original post by Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Hi there - sorry I've taken so long to reply back (been ill with a flu :frown:)
We are processing applications as quickly as we can, but Physio is one of the most competitive courses we have so applications are always of a really high standard, making it a very difficult job for our Admissions tutor. We also receive several hundred of them so it's a lengthy process. It is unfortunately a 'bear with us' chat - I know that's not what you want to hear but I cannot give you anything clearer than that just now! Universities have until the 31st March to make our decisions, so literally it can be anywhere from now until then!! (We do make decisions earlier than that, but the UCAS deadline for us is 31st March).
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Great thanks for your reply! Do we get an email regarding offers/rejections aswell as an update to ucas?
Original post by LCx2
Great thanks for your reply! Do we get an email regarding offers/rejections aswell as an update to ucas?

UCAS is the primary way of contacting you, so once the decision is made (either way) it will be updated on UCAS. If we make an offer, you may get a follow up email directly to confirm but nothing is posted - all electronic nowadays!

Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 48
Hi i am waiting on a reply back from QMU. I applied on 4th December for diagnostic radiography an still haven't had anything back! Im getting worried now as this is my last offer as i got rejected from all of my other options :frown: Im praying that they accept my application. I just wanted to know when are the last interviews for radiography taking place and ho many people do you offer places onto the course also if i still have a chance??? How likely is it to get a place through clearing for radiography and are there usually many places that go up for clearing ??
Reply 49
Ask the Queen Margaret University Official Rep any questions you may have about applying to QMU next year! Entry requirements, accommodation, student life, Edinburgh city, finances or anything at all - just get in touch! Post your question below or you can private message us directly.

Step Into QMU and develop your passion with us!

Wondering whether the Physiotherapy course (BSc) tuition fees are covered by the SAAS for Rest of UK domiciled students (applying from Northern Ireland)
Original post by aleeojo
Hi i am waiting on a reply back from QMU. I applied on 4th December for diagnostic radiography an still haven't had anything back! Im getting worried now as this is my last offer as i got rejected from all of my other options :frown: Im praying that they accept my application. I just wanted to know when are the last interviews for radiography taking place and ho many people do you offer places onto the course also if i still have a chance??? How likely is it to get a place through clearing for radiography and are there usually many places that go up for clearing ??

Hi there. Radiography is highly competitive, so we would typically interview around 100 applicants for 25 places on diagnostic radiography. Applications-wise, we will have several hundred overall. We are making decisions for radiography still, as the selectors review all applications thoroughly including the personal statement. Any updates will be sent via UCAS once made.

Radiography doesn't enter clearing because it is so highly competitive. If you are unsuccessful this year, my advice would be to get feedback from everyone you applied to, and see what you can do for a future application. Consider if it's entry requirements (academic) you've not met, or if you can get extra experience within a year out to make you a stronger applicant next time. The experience is really vital to have, so the more you can get the better!

Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by LM2
Wondering whether the Physiotherapy course (BSc) tuition fees are covered by the SAAS for Rest of UK domiciled students (applying from Northern Ireland)

hi there. Yes they would be, once you have an offer for a place on the course you can apply to SAAS when their applications open in April. You can apply with a conditional place, you don't need to have met the conditions before applying to them. You will apply for tuition fee support and any bursary you are eligible for, then apply to your home funding body (Student Finance NI) for any further living cost support.

Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 52
Hi there. Radiography is highly competitive, so we would typically interview around 100 applicants for 25 places on diagnostic radiography. Applications-wise, we will have several hundred overall. We are making decisions for radiography still, as the selectors review all applications thoroughly including the personal statement. Any updates will be sent via UCAS once made.

Radiography doesn't enter clearing because it is so highly competitive. If you are unsuccessful this year, my advice would be to get feedback from everyone you applied to, and see what you can do for a future application. Consider if it's entry requirements (academic) you've not met, or if you can get extra experience within a year out to make you a stronger applicant next time. The experience is really vital to have, so the more you can get the better!

Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Thanks for the reply
Do you know when they will finish reviewing all applications for radiography and reply back???? I'm getting nervous !! Have they started interviews ???
Original post by aleeojo
Thanks for the reply
Do you know when they will finish reviewing all applications for radiography and reply back???? I'm getting nervous !! Have they started interviews ???

Hey - they are making decisions now and will be replying back over the next few weeks. Interviews haven't started yet, they are still in initial selection stages so once those selections are made they will begin allocating interviews. There's around 400 applications to get through so it's a really lengthy process, and they will only get through everyone in the next month or so. You will hear as soon as a decision is made though. Best of luck!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Got an offer today im super excited now :-)!
Can't wait
Reply 55
Original post by jmcwitch
Got an offer today im super excited now :-)!
Can't wait

Congratulations 😊 What are you gonna be studying ?
Original post by LCx2
Congratulations 😊 What are you gonna be studying ?

Physiotherapy :biggrin:
Reply 57
Physiotherapy :biggrin:

Big congrats!! Just curious which program you were applying for (BSc/MSc)?

I'm from Canada and applying for the MSc Pre-Reg program so I'm sortof on pins and needles waiting! :redface: It looks like the last few years people started to hear back around Feb. 21-25, I'm guessing that's when we'll start hearing?
Original post by wiltoe
Big congrats!! Just curious which program you were applying for (BSc/MSc)?

I'm from Canada and applying for the MSc Pre-Reg program so I'm sortof on pins and needles waiting! :redface: It looks like the last few years people started to hear back around Feb. 21-25, I'm guessing that's when we'll start hearing?

It's BSC I've applied for, good luck :-)
Reply 59
It's BSC I've applied for, good luck :-)

That's what I figured! :smile: Congrats nonetheless, I'm sure that's a big load off.

Charlotte, I've taken a look around online and haven't been able to find any admissions stats for the Pre-Reg program... perhaps you'd have some answers for the following questions:

1) How many international students apply/are accepted for the program in a typical year?

2) Do we get a firm yes/no either way (ie. are we notified if our application wasn't successful)?

3) I know the prospectus says a 3.0 GPA is required, but do you have any idea what the average GPA for international students accepted would be? Would someone with a ~3.7-4.0 be considered highly competitive or is that in or around the range that most students apply with?

4) Are "non-science" majors considered at a disadvantage if they've completed 1st year level science courses and have hospital work experience? Are many non-traditional majors often accepted?

I know these are all very specific questions, I'm just looking for some sort of indication of how competitive the pool is as it's driving me crazy not knowing where I stand! Thanks so much in advance! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest