The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sm22911
do all dietetics offers get sent out at the same time? my friend got his today and I haven't heard anything-does this mean I'm rejected??

Hello - so firstly, it is not a simple as that! We have over 400 applications to Dietetics so it takes some time to process all of those decisions, which means decisions will be going out over the coming weeks. The team also check all decisions before they are issued, so that in itself will take time with over 400 for just one course alone. Bear with us, you will know as soon as we can.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Original post by animatedtrash
Hi Charlotte! I was wondering if you've heard if any decisions have been made about Theatre and Film? Thanks! :smile:

Hello - decisions for this haven't been returned yet so we are still waiting to hear from the Admissions tutors there. We very much hope all decisions will be back across the university in the next few weeks, but the absolute final deadline to her will be 31st March. By then, universities must have decisions on UCAS Track so we are working to get things processed before then!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Hello - decisions for this haven't been returned yet so we are still waiting to hear from the Admissions tutors there. We very much hope all decisions will be back across the university in the next few weeks, but the absolute final deadline to her will be 31st March. By then, universities must have decisions on UCAS Track so we are working to get things processed before then!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Ahh, I see! Thank you so much, Charlotte! :biggrin:
Got offered a place on the MSc.Physiotherapy Pre-Reg!
Reply 84
Anyone else get an offer for physical activity, health and wellbeing? :biggrin:
Reply 85
Hi, I applied to three courses at the uni and have heard back from two. The final, film and media has still not replied. Ang idea how long it will be?
Just got an offer for Psychology, super happy as I really loved the university when I went to the open day :biggrin:
Original post by cuala79
Anyone else get an offer for physical activity, health and wellbeing? :biggrin:

I got one last week. Really happy, it is proberly going to be my 1st choice!
Reply 88
Original post by Larissa14
I got one last week. Really happy, it is proberly going to be my 1st choice!

Yay still waiting on offers from other unis but Im thinking Ill firm it! Moving to Edinburgh will be so exciting too :u:
Original post by cuala79
Yay still waiting on offers from other unis but Im thinking Ill firm it! Moving to Edinburgh will be so exciting too :u:

Did you go to the open day at qmu?
Hi! i'm a swedish applicant and i've gotten an offer at QMU on the conditions that i send a copy of my grades from gymnasieskolan, as well as passing a recognized english language test. I was wondering whether a copy of the original document is fine, or will I need to get my grades professionally translated? and is a Cambridge Advanced English-diploma (awarded at grade A) enough or will I need to take a new test?
Reply 91
Original post by Larissa14
Did you go to the open day at qmu?

Yep I did indeed!
Ask the Queen Margaret University Official Rep any questions you may have about applying to QMU next year! Entry requirements, accommodation, student life, Edinburgh city, finances or anything at all - just get in touch! Post your question below or you can private message us directly.

Step Into QMU and develop your passion with us!

Hello
I'm currently applying to Queen Margarets to study nursing in September 2016, but Im a single mother with two small children so I'm a bit concerned about the childcare practicalities of the degree and various placements etc... I'd be extremely grateful if you could let me know a bit about the timetables so I can get a better idea of whats actually involved? how many placements, how often and what sort of hours they are? I realise its a full time degree and will be hard work, but I'm starting to worry that my children won't see much of me for the next 3/4 years!? Thanks
Reply 93
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

HI there! Im after getting an offer for physical activity and health and Im planning on coming to the visit day but I was wondering what time its on from? Its on the 16th! Thanks
Original post by Eil
Hi, I applied to three courses at the uni and have heard back from two. The final, film and media has still not replied. Ang idea how long it will be?

Hello. We have issued some decisions for this, but not all decisions have been returned so we've only had around a quarter back as yet. We very much hope it will all be back to us within the next week or so, within the next few weeks we expect to have them confirmed. (Also, sorry for the late reply, my earlier reply didn't post for some reason!)
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by julydays
Hi! i'm a swedish applicant and i've gotten an offer at QMU on the conditions that i send a copy of my grades from gymnasieskolan, as well as passing a recognized english language test. I was wondering whether a copy of the original document is fine, or will I need to get my grades professionally translated? and is a Cambridge Advanced English-diploma (awarded at grade A) enough or will I need to take a new test?

Hello - yes a scanned copy of the originals will be fine, and you will need to get translated copies in addition to the originals. Email them to the Admissions team, with your ID number and full name so they can match it up. The CAE should be acceptable, as you don't require a Visa for study in the UK so we can accept other tests than IELTS. Again, scanned copy of that certificate to the Admissions team would be great. Excited to have you as a QMU student in September!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by Julie2016
Hello
I'm currently applying to Queen Margarets to study nursing in September 2016, but Im a single mother with two small children so I'm a bit concerned about the childcare practicalities of the degree and various placements etc... I'd be extremely grateful if you could let me know a bit about the timetables so I can get a better idea of whats actually involved? how many placements, how often and what sort of hours they are? I realise its a full time degree and will be hard work, but I'm starting to worry that my children won't see much of me for the next 3/4 years!? Thanks

Hello! Firstly, I would advise you to get in touch with our Student Funding Adviser ([email protected]) as he can provide information regarding childcare funding in addition to the Living costs support you can apply to. With regards to timetable - we couldn't provide you details of classes at this stage as the timetable isn't finalised until the summer. The academic staff can provide some information about that, but everything will only be indicative at this stage. You should expect a full-time load typically 9-6 each day as that would also fit in your independent study time. When on placement, this will be blocks typically 7 or 8 weeks in a row. Your final year will have a 15 week block of placement. This will generally be half of your semester on placement, half in class but will switch about year on year as when that takes place (first year is 8 weeks class, then 7 weeks placement for example). If you are attending the Interview day, you will be given more information from the academic staff which may help answer your questions - further details on the days will be sent if you're selected for interview.
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by cuala79
HI there! Im after getting an offer for physical activity and health and Im planning on coming to the visit day but I was wondering what time its on from? Its on the 16th! Thanks

Hello - so at present the timetable is being finalised but you should plan for a morning registration (around 9.30/10am) and will run until early afternoon. Once finalised, the schedule will be on the Visit Day webpage so keep checking back. I look forward to meeting you at the Visit Day!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 98
Do you have a copy of this years film and media time table that I could have a look at? Due to medical issues I am often in hospital, I would like to be able to see when I can schedule my appointments which are a few times a week.
Hello - so at present the timetable is being finalised but you should plan for a morning registration (around 9.30/10am) and will run until early afternoon. Once finalised, the schedule will be on the Visit Day webpage so keep checking back. I look forward to meeting you at the Visit Day!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Hi, is that the same for all the visit days :-)?
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest