The Student Room Group

Best university to study Primary Education in Scotland!!

Hello, could someone tell me which university in Scotland would be best suited for a Primary Education degree? I'm thinking of applying to Strathclyde, Dundee or Edinburgh but I'm not sure which one I really want to go for.
Original post by jenben1
Hello, could someone tell me which university in Scotland would be best suited for a Primary Education degree? I'm thinking of applying to Strathclyde, Dundee or Edinburgh but I'm not sure which one I really want to go for.

Strathclyde and Dundee probably have the most highly-regarded education departments out of those three universities, I have seen some criticism of Edinburgh and it's much lower down in subject rankings, but it depends on what's most important to you (e.g. location and travel time, course content or university reputation).
Edinburgh is v. good...or so I thought ^^
Original post by TypicalTSR-er
Edinburgh is v. good...or so I thought ^^

Yeah I agree it's a fantastic uni and has a brilliant reputation, I'm only going by what I have read on other education threads on TSR and subject rankings for 2016 by The Guardian. Some people have criticised the course content of the PGDE.

In the Education Subject Rankings on The Guardian Edinburgh is 51st for Education in the UK, that's behind Aberdeen (34th), Strathclyde (24th), UWS (18th), Stirling (14th), Glasgow (13th) and Dundee (11th). Edinburgh has a much higher place overall, but it seems in comparison to other Scottish unis for education courses they don't have as strong a reputation.

As I said it's about deciding what's important to you, whether that is subject rankings, convenience or something else.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Anyone found any good articles on the strength and weaknesses of the curriculum for excellence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending