The Student Room Group

GCSE French Controlled Assessment Revision Techniques?

Hi all,
I have my first French Controlled Assessment in a few weeks and I have to memorise it.
I have already written ans perfected it but it's 290 words and I want to learn is a quick as possible so all I will have to do is revise is.
Any advice would be appreciated -thanks!
There is this technique i use wich is basically like:
memorise a sentence each time and try to remember the first letter of each sentences. Try and test urself again and again and notice ur weak points. Try a few more times. If u still dont get it then write the word on the 30 word sheet(dont know if u have this)
Original post by Niaandthegnomes
Hi all,
I have my first French Controlled Assessment in a few weeks and I have to memorise it.
I have already written ans perfected it but it's 290 words and I want to learn is a quick as possible so all I will have to do is revise is.
Any advice would be appreciated -thanks!

hey, i was atrocious at Spanish (not French IK but similar revision technique) so if i can learn it anyone can:
1) like medalinpaul said it is best to break each paragraph down into chunks and just do a small section each day
2) i found that writing it out over and over again without looking helped me to remember it but somepeople also find reading it aloud helpful
3)It sounds strange but tape yourself reading it aloud and then play it back to you (in the absence of a tap recorder type it into translate (the french) and then press the little speaker button, it sounds really automated but it actually really helped me to memorise it
4)finally know what ur saying, even though this is mostly a memory exercise in principle if you actually know what you are saying in english then if you get stuck halfway through you can recall what you are trying to say.

as medalipaul says you might be given a word sheet, write any words you can't spell or remember on this sheet.

good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest