The Student Room Group

COMP4 Project 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tigerwhoops
Is it the PRO form, if so I have just found it on my college moodle :biggrin: and oh, Well happy birthday, hope you've had a good day :smile: and you shouldn't be on here on your birthday, go enjoy it XD

Not quite sure which form it is,my teacher emailed me it recently :biggrin: Ill send it anyways and then if you already have it its cool. And thanks :smile: You can kinda tell how my life is going if I'm spending the night of my 18th birthday on here XD
Original post by Sabbzy221
Not quite sure which form it is,my teacher emailed me it recently :biggrin: Ill send it anyways and then if you already have it its cool. And thanks :smile: You can kinda tell how my life is going if I'm spending the night of my 18th birthday on here XD

Okay thanks again :biggrin: and that's college for you XD This coursework is driving me insane XD
Original post by AQATrolledMe
Lol, i cant believe you wrote that many pages is their a limit to it ?
Also, what kind of program did you make :O?

I messed up on mine, apparently i spent half a year completing intro, investigation and design stage. Im tryna finish of my evalution and documentation ASAP

I was reading the "ADvice to centres and candidates" document about this project and one part mentions this one student who handed a testing section (A4 paper) that was 12cm in thickness!!!! The thickness of A4 is 0.05mm. Do the maths and you get 2400 pages! hahahaha If i were to print that off at college it would cost me £240 xD

I have a 40/50 page testing section.
Does anyone think I will need to encrypt passwords? the only personal details stored about the user is fore/surname.
Encryption isn't too hard but it's certainly considered as complex, I know my teacher really wanted us to put it in and he's an AQA moderator :smile:
Reply 25
My write up is gonna be so tiny compared to yours. I've only got around 10'000 words. I've really struggled as I'm not using a database and almost all the resources are database based
Reply 26
Original post by Tigerwhoops
Does anyone think I will need to encrypt passwords? the only personal details stored about the user is fore/surname.

If you don't have time to fully encrypt it you could just use a md5() type converter so it isn't stored as plain text. On another topic COMP4 is literally the most ridiculous coursework I've ever seen. My EPQ is 5000 words and is an A/A* while my COMP4 project is more like 30,000 and my teacher is still unsure about the complexity of it :/ I suppose I can see why Computing is the most failed A Level

Quick Reply

Latest